JAFN Introduction. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By user X
Greetings and salutations to friends old and new.

This is an impressive board. It has an appealing look and some great posting tools. The membership seems to be a cut above, and I've read some great posts in the last week. I look forward to gaining much wealth in knowledge here in the future.

The rules: normally I bridle at such a list of rules, but knowing that rules are the handmaiden of quality discourse, I'll attempt to adjust. I'm not sure about the definition of a one-liner, my best guess is that it's totally subjective, and that they live or die at the whim of the administration. Actually, that's from the noob guide. I didn't read much of the actual Forum Rules page, because the first few lines seem to be legal disclaimer type stuff--and they are the worst sort of rules.

I've sussed that the site is run by Brits, but that's ok, there doesn't seem to be a prepondourance of misspelling. And I've met a few Brits who are actually tolerable, so it shouldn't be a problem for this particular colonial.

I was surprised at the number of commies though... and I would be interested in knowing which particular western capitalist system they reside in, to gain some sort of reference. I'm used to the typical high-school commie; that really doesn't understand it's principles, as applied in the real world, but these guys are hard-core Stalin worshippers, so I'm a little off balance. I've challenged a few, but have seen little in the way of response. Perhaps they are still waiting for their tube-sets to warm up.

So... anyway a very respectable site, and thanks to the dudes that put forth the effort to make it such.
By Siberian Fox
Welcome to the forum :)

I am glad that you like our site; it is been put together over the months since January of this year and has really come together over the summer.

What (IMHO) makes this a nice forum is that there is a really good range of opinion expressed here, as you seem to have already discovered, from the far left to the far right and many people in between. There are of course some people who present extremely good arguments and informative posts, and others who are prone to the "one liner" response, but it should not take long for you to recognise who they are.

WRT the administration of this board, there are two British admins and one Canadian. The moderator team is made up of French, American, Canadian, New Zealand, Australian and Albanian Mods, so it is quite an international bunch.

I look forward to seeing you around :)
By Boondock Saint
I like to think of myself as a one liner poster.

I do not give a decent arguement as I have no need for it, as I am right and you are wrong. Wrong about what? It does not matter.

I like to cut the pinky toes off of school children and make a nice pinky toe stew. Perhaps you would be interested in tasting it? I would be happy to send some to you in an envelope.

Welcome to the forum.
By Yeddi
:lol: Boon you are the greatest

Oh Velcome to the PoFo!

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]