Hello PoliticsForum - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Bean
Hi, looks like you all have a great forum. I am an American. I have no general preferences in theories or parties, it really depends on each issue.

For national governments, I think that any well-applied form of government in the right circumstances can be successful.

I don't like special interest groups and the effect of money on elections.

I hate John F. Kennedy's quote: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you cand do for your country." Governments are meant to serve the people, I don't understand why anyone would consider this a great quote.

The views of overly-pragmatic people and overly-idealistic people anger me, especially the pragmatists.

I don't believe that all of history repeats itself, and who fear that trying new things should realize that we have come a long way by experimenting. I believe that history does not repeat itself as much as cliche would have you believe, historical events always have a couple of new factors. Old solutions and ideas won't work necessarily a second time. I'd love to argue on this topic with someone.

Most of all, I believe the world is ready to step beyond nationalism. For this reason, I tend avoid arguing with American conservatives who think America is better than other countries, and American liberals who think America is Hell to live in. I am a pacifist and I believe in a loose representative international government with no controversial regulations, but a government that prevents fighting and oppressive tyrrany.

Good to meet you,
Bean (oh, and I like the Ender's game series; I see many of you do too)
By Bean
Wow, sorry, didn't read all of Locke's post. Sorry Ihavenoname, I seem to have beat you to "Bean" :). Gotta say that Bean and Peter are my favorite characters.
By sokath
Welcome aboard. :)

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

S./
By Boondock Saint
Welcome aboard.

I am an ultra nationalist that believe that American is the ultimate race. There is no other people in the world who comes close to Americans in any way, we are faster, smarter, stronger, have larger manhoods, better looking women and much better cars. All on top of that our military is the greatest in the world, everyone elses looks like a rag tag group of green party flunkies compared to us.

Money is all that matters, humans are simply cattle that talk too much. I think the greatest thing that man could possibly do is to take the tongues out of all women so their nagging would finally stop.

Oh, if you like pinky toe stew I would be more then happy to mail you some.
By smashthestate
Bean wrote:I hate John F. Kennedy's quote: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you cand do for your country." Governments are meant to serve the people, I don't understand why anyone would consider this a great quote.

Similarly, the government can't serve the people, without the people also serving it.
By Bean
smashthestate the quote should then be: "Ask what your country can do for you, do what you can to make that possible."
By Demosthenes
Ho Bean,

It seems we are gathering now all the sudden, really if you haven't read Card's works you should.

on the government, I don't want it to do shit for me, I want to be self-reliant in all respects, within reason. IMO- that quote by Kennedy is indeed about his biggest accomplishment. (putting aaside the whole nearly getting the world blown up with the whole Cuban missle thing)

I think it asks a person to do his duty for his country not expect hand outs, which is empowering for the individual and the state.

Another question, what's wrong with pragmatism? isn't that more desirable than partisan politics as usual? or is there some other point I don't get???
By Locke
Welcome Bean!

Wow, we almost have everyone now... all we need is an Ender. haha

The Forum is so much fun. I am sure you will enjoy reading and debating.

Hope to read more of your posts.

Oh, and I agree, Bean and Peter "Locke" Wiggin are the best characters.

-Locke

P.S. Boondock Saint is kinda scary
By Yeddi
Boondock Saint is kinda scary

Little known fact: Boondock saint is actually one of those very cuddly "i love you" bears holding a heart. He wishes that he could be a real bear, but he accidently sat on the fairy and jimminy cricket, so he is very bitter.

Welcome to the PoFo Bean
By Demosthenes
By the way, Bean and Locke did you hear they are supposed to be making Ender's Game into a movie now? I posted a thread on it in the liturature section, but I found the article on Sci-Fichannel.com.

Just a head's up, and yes I too agree that Bean and Peter are the best characters. I would have liked Ender more if he could have gotten laid once in awhile intead of tooling around the galaxy with his sister but ah well, a good story none-the-less. i ended likeing the three Bean books a little more though.

Either of you read Treason? Another of Card's good reads.
By Boondock Saint
Little known fact: Boondock saint is actually one of those very cuddly "i love you" bears holding a heart. He wishes that he could be a real bear, but he accidently sat on the fairy and jimminy cricket, so he is very bitter.

*weeps*

Its so true! Its true ... all of it ... jimminy ... my freind, my pal ... my ... lover?

:eek: :lol:

Oh right, proper welcome ... la la la ... would you like some stew?
By Adrien
...and much better cars

Come on, that ruined all the credibility of the post! :)

Welcome on PoFo Bean! I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Where are you from?

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]