Telegraph: "EU should admit Ukraine to pay for its reconstruction" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:I don't know where you getting your does of propaganda from but this is total aid:

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-agai ... t-tracker/

Total as of end of MAY 2023 is 165 billion out of which around ¬100-105 billion financial and ¬60-65 billion military.

Most financial aid for 2nd year was already provided since financial aid is provided in advance as expected. Many analysts I heard say that financial aid for Ukraine is steady at 60billion a year/5 billion a month.

I am not sure where you taking your quadzillion numbers from but good luck, no data I have seen suggests that as of right now.

It takes a special kind of propagandist to confirm my figures and then claim my figures are propaganda.

Ukraine has taken 165 billion in 14 months and I said 100-200 billion per year and its not enough, neither to achieve anything and certainly not to reconstruct the country when it will require triple that money and possibly more.
noemon wrote:It takes a special kind of propagandist to confirm my figures and then claim my figures are propaganda.

Ukraine has taken 165 billion in 14 months and I said 100-200 billion per year and its not enough, neither to achieve anything and certainly not to reconstruct the country when it will require triple that money and possibly more.

What? 165/2 = is 82.5 out which is 60 billion for financial yearly plus the military what everyone will give. Most military aid is not money or anything like that but old stock converted in to monetary value.

But it is nice for you to climb down now, your statement was

Ukraine requires annual payments of 100-200 billion looking to rise to 300-400 billion as time goes by.

I see mostly 60 billion in grants and loans here for a very large period of time. West giving our military stock to Ukraine and replacing it with the most modern stock is not exactly payments. Especially if we talk about Cold War stock which utilisation is more pricier than just giving it away.
I havent climbed down at all. Your persistence after confirming my figures is more than ridiculous.

165 billion in 14 months is 141 billion per year. Not 60 as you laughably claim and calculate.

For reconstruction Ukraine needs 3-4 times that and to advance even more.

Who will you beg for that money?

Do Americans care enough to pay your anti-Russian fantasies and crusades? Doubtful.
noemon wrote:I havent climbed down at all. Your persistence after confirming my figures is more than ridiculous.

165 billion in 14 months is 141 billion per year. Not 60 as you laughably claim and calculate.

For reconstruction Ukraine needs 3-4 times that and to advance even more.

Who will you beg for that money?

Do Americans care enough to pay your anti-Russian fantasies and crusades? Doubtful.

Financial aid is provided at the start of the year usually for the whole year which has happened before that data was published that is how budgeting works. :knife:

Reconstruction will happen but will be handled mostly through Russian reparation and sanctioned assets after the war is done. Everyone else will also contribute but the plan for reconstruction is far more complicated than EU an US subsidizing the reconstruction alone. There is already a coherent plan created last year.
JohnRawls wrote:Financial aid is provided at the start of the year usually for the whole year which has happened before that data was published that is how budgeting works. :knife:

So, it's even more money, unaccounted for.

Reconstruction will happen but will be handled mostly through Russian reparation and sanctioned assets after the war is done. Everyone else will also contribute but the plan for reconstruction is far more complicated than EU an US subsidizing the reconstruction alone. There is already a coherent plan created last year.

You should consider yourselves lucky if Ukraine does not pay reparations to Russia in the end for the drone attacks in Russia & Crimea. Russia paying reparations you can forget already.

@FiveofSwords still has not clarified what it […]

Then quote it. Like I did. I guess the CBC is ga[…]

This is a ridiculous accusation from someone who i[…]

I also suspect it is likely she contracted the fun[…]