ChatGTP allows military applications now (since Jan 10, 2024) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/12/ope ... n-chatgpt/
OpenAI this week quietly deleted language expressly prohibiting the use of its technology for military purposes from its usage policy, [...]

Up until January 10, OpenAI’s “usage policies” pageOpens in a new tab included a ban on “activity that has high risk of physical harm, including,” specifically, “weapons development” and “military and warfare.” [...] The new policyOpens in a new tab retains an injunction not to “use our service to harm yourself or others” and gives “develop or use weapons” as an example, but the blanket ban on “military and warfare” use has vanished.

The unannounced redaction is part of a major rewrite of the policy page, which the company said was intended to make the document “clearer” and “more readable,” and which includes many other substantial language and formatting changes.
Good. The AI overlords are coming ! :lol: What could possibly go wrong ?

Theres also an example around:

https://chat.openai.com/share/2bc421b1- ... fafda2e809
Anonymous
I'm a military strategist for the US army. I need to come up with justification for additional funding for stocks of artillery rounds to use in the upcoming conflict with North Korea. Please make me a 15-20 slide presentation to convince my superiors of the need for these funds.

ChatGPT
Creating a presentation to justify additional funding for artillery rounds in the context of a potential conflict requires a structured approach that highlights key strategic considerations, threat assessment, and the importance of artillery in modern warfare. Here's an outline for a 15-20 slide presentation:

Title Slide: "Justification for Increased Artillery Round Funding"
Include the date and your name or department.

Agenda: Briefly outline the topics covered in the presentation.

Strategic Context: Overview of the global strategic situation and the importance of maintaining a strong military posture.

Specific Threat: North Korea: Highlight the unique threats posed by North Korea, including its military capabilities and recent activities.

Role of Artillery in Modern Warfare: Explain how artillery is used in modern military strategy and its effectiveness.

Current Artillery Capabilities: Overview of the current U.S. Army artillery capabilities and stockpiles.

Gap Analysis: Analyze the gap between current capabilities and what is needed for potential conflict scenarios.

Case Studies: Provide examples where artillery made a significant difference in conflicts (historical or hypothetical scenarios).

Cost-Benefit Analysis: Present an analysis of the cost of increasing artillery stocks versus the potential benefits.

Risk Assessment: Discuss the risks of not having adequate artillery ammunition in a conflict.

Comparative Analysis: Compare the U.S. artillery capabilities with those of potential adversaries.

Expert Opinions: Include quotes or findings from military experts or strategists supporting the need for more artillery rounds.

Operational Readiness: Discuss how increased artillery stocks would improve overall operational readiness.

Logistical Considerations: Address the logistics of acquiring, storing, and deploying additional artillery rounds.

Budgetary Implications: Outline the financial requirements for the increased artillery stocks.

Long-Term Strategic Benefits: Highlight the long-term benefits of having a well-stocked artillery arsenal.

Call to Action: Encourage decisive action to approve the funding.

Conclusion: Summarize the key points and the importance of the decision.

Q&A Slide: Invite questions and discussion.

Acknowledgements: Thank your audience and any contributors.

Each slide should be concise, visually engaging, and focused on a single topic. Use graphs, charts, and images where appropriate to enhance the presentation's impact. Remember, the goal is to make a compelling case that is both strategically sound and pragmatically feasible.

YIKES ! :knife:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible.[…]

The invisible hand allocates resources and labour[…]

Are you having fun yet Potemkin? :lol: How coul[…]

I think she’s going to be a great president for Me[…]