Do you have a problem with interracial couples having kids? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Do you have a problem with interracial couples having kids?

Yes
11%
No
80%
Other
9%
By PBVBROOK
No.

I wonder. What possible business is it of mine what two people would want to do wrt having children.

All the yes votes? You know what you are.
By Mellie345
Good grief. Of course not.
By Godstud
Hell no! Of course not! Some of the most attractive people I have ever seen were a result of interracial couples. One of the most smoking hot girls I ever knew had Chinese and Portuguese parents!
Aren't Rhianna, Alicia Keys and some of these other beautiful people a result of interracial couplings? I thoroughly encourage interracial couples to have kids. Why shouldn't they? Every couple that wants kids should be able to have them without racial limitations.
(No I am not saying it purely because they can make beautiful kids. Obviously, this isn't going to be the case and shouldn't be the sole reason for any such couple to have kids. I do think it's sort of a "Who's a racist" poll.)
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
To clarify: I was responding to CS and Thunderhawk and actually have no opinion as to how interracial couples look. I think that's a frivolous and idiotic argument to make either way, because there is no data to prove beauty one way or another.
By Dr House
If I had problems with miscegenation I'd have to get the fuck out of this country. :lol:

No, I have no problems whatsoever with interracial couples.
By Ter
The problem raised by poster Onomautopia about not finding a tissue match in case transplants are needed is a valid one, it never crossed my mind earlier. Hopefully, advances in stem cell research will solve that problem.

Let us also not forget that the world is still full of bigots and that mixed race people will encounter their dose of racism.

Ter
By Dr House
The world will always be full of bigots as humans have a natural instinct to associate kin. Outside of places where it is the norm (Latin America mostly) miscegenation is inadvisable. I personally have no problem with interracial marriage, but most people do.
By TropicalK
Nobody cares who marries who. Just don't come looking for me if it doesn't work out.

Thats not to say that there aren't additional difficulties in an interracial household.

And all the bullshit about mixed being more beautiful than nonmixed is a great big over-reaction to racism. It is a personal preference people. These stereotypes are unnecessary, and any justification based on famous person A and B is a faulty sample space.
By Dave
The OP does not present what exactly the nature of the problem would be, but on balance, yes. Miscegenated offspring have unclear identities and demonstrate lower self-esteem, and they are a strong vehicle for the introduction of undesirable minority population alleles into the majority population.
By Figlio di Moros
Dave wrote:The OP does not present what exactly the nature of the problem would be, but on balance, yes. Miscegenated offspring have unclear identities and demonstrate lower self-esteem, and they are a strong vehicle for the introduction of undesirable minority population alleles into the majority population.

Dave, that's hardly true; most mullatos, appearing black, assume the cultural identity of being black while those ones with a white appearance assume a more anglo-cultural identity. None of the mixed people I've known have exhibited low self-esteem, least of all my sisters, although I understand your concern about certain alleles. However, poor alleles exist in any race and the focus ought to be on the eliination of poor alleles and memes, rather than preventing miscegeny.
By Dave
Figlio de gli moros wrote:Dave, that's hardly true; most mullatos, appearing black, assume the cultural identity of being black while those ones with a white appearance assume a more anglo-cultural identity. None of the mixed people I've known have exhibited low self-esteem, least of all my sisters,

Historical American attitudes make it much easier for black-white offspring to assume a proper identity, but those with multiracial identities (rather than black or white identities despite being mixed race) do show lower self esteem for the obvious reason that they don't fit into a clear group, and thus lack identity. Of course if being multiracial was the norm the situation would be reversed, but it's not the norm obviously.

Figlio de gli moros wrote: although I understand your concern about certain alleles. However, poor alleles exist in any race and the focus ought to be on the eliination of poor alleles and memes, rather than preventing miscegeny.

Undesirable does not necessarily mean poor quality. The widespread introduction of alleles which change physical appearance in a race from what is normal would be undesirable in my view. An example is that the proportion of white Americans with blue eyes has dropped from 56% to 33% over the past century, which I consider to be an undesirable change.
By Dave
I would say that the yes votes are cause for optimism, as a year ago it's inconceivable that there would have been so many yes votes.
By Dave
Error 1 - Assuming we have nothing in common
Error 2 - Assuming that your moral compass is necessarily valid

As for error 1, our views intersect on a number of issues. As for error 2, progressive (im)morality is dubious to say the least. "Tolerance" is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything (except non-discrimination, apparently).
By Beren
No, why the hell would I? :?:

Oxymoron wrote:Why would anyone have a problem with that?

Some people are just so freakish... :roll:
By Ter
Dave wrote:they are a strong vehicle for the introduction of undesirable minority population alleles into the majority population.

Populations are considered healthier the more variations of alleles are present. An obvious advantage is that recessive genes do not get expressed. Do not forget that most of the genes have functions not related to racial features but play their role in metabolic and other processes. I am not denying that certain alleles code for traits considered harmful, like sickle cell anaemia or thalasaemia for instance, but the picture is more complex than Dave made it out to be.

If we consider Europe for instance, the gene pool is incredibly rich due to the constant invasions and occupations by Spain, the Arabs, and so on. A typical sample of people in Western Europe will show you a mix of phenotypes. The wife of one of my friends in North-West Europe looks exactly like Sotomayor, the new Supreme Court judge. Those Spanish genes have travelled widely.

Ter
By Einherjar
Ter wrote:If we consider Europe for instance, the gene pool is incredibly rich due to the constant invasions and occupations by Spain, the Arabs, and so on. A typical sample of people in Western Europe will show you a mix of phenotypes. The wife of one of my friends in North-West Europe looks exactly like Sotomayor, the new Supreme Court judge. Those Spanish genes have travelled widely.

Not quite so. The genetic distance per geographical distance in Europe is extremely low.

The median black male income in 1960 was $3,230. A[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]