Kosovo Is Serbia? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Do you think that Kosovo should be part of Serbia?

Yes. Kosovo e Serbia!
31%
No. Kosovo is Albanian territory!
36%
I don't care.
17%
Can't decide.
3%
Other (please elaborate)
14%
By Sephardi
I say yes. The Serbs are among my favorite ethnic groups in Europe. I too share their dream of "Greater Serbia".
By Stipe
I don't really care, but I voted other since I think lobbing off all the stuff north of the Ibar + a few pockets in the interior and recognizing it as Serbian jurisdiction is a-ok.
By Nets
Kosovo (minus a small chunk adjacent to Serbia) is virtually 100% Albania. Let it join Albania, let Sprska join Serbia.

Better for everyone.
By Aekos
Depends of what you mean by "Kosovo." The concept of Kosovo is very much Serbia. The territory Albanians colonized doesn't belong to us at the moment. That doesn't mean one day we can't go the way of Israeli settlers and reclaim our land - but for the time being, only North Kosovo "is Serbia."
By Muslimanka
Nets: That wouldn't be better for everyone.

If the Albanians are indeed the descendants of the Illyrians, then we could say most of the Balkans belongs to them - including the whole of my country. However, our countries exist - Serbia exists - and since it has, Kosovo has been a part of it. However, now it's populated almost entirely by Albanians. So our answers to this question, I think, depends on which point in history we decide to base them on.

In terms of Kosovo's status, I don't really care much, only to the extent that the situation in Kosovo has possible consequences for my country. It's not my decision to make.
By Nets
Muslimanka, my answer was based solely on the current demographics, I don't care about the history.

This data is from 1991, does anyone know if there are more current maps online?
By Muslimanka
Not for the whole of the former Yugoslavia, but:

I will never accept independence gained through such means. I couldn't abandon our people who have returned to their pre-war homes.

But I just don't want to be faced with these choices anymore - enough. It is what it is, lets build a future together.
By Aekos
If the Albanians are indeed the descendants of the Illyrians, then we could say most of the Balkans belongs to them - including the whole of my country.

There's as much descendants of Illyrians as you or me. Actually, I'd argue that I'm one of the most 'Illyrian' looking people I know. :p

I will never accept independence gained through such means.

About a third of Kosovo had a Serbian majority before the war. It's unfortunate but that's how the world works.

But I just don't want to be faced with these choices anymore - enough. It is what it is, lets build a future together.

If only it were that simple. Had Kosovo not declared independence, I would agree with you - Bosnia would have been an interesting experiment for a new "Yugoslavia" where our three groups coexist peacefully. However, now it cannot be.
By Muslimanka
Of course it can be. And, God willing, it will be. :)
By Celtic Communism
A full restoration of Yugoslavia is what I ideally support. As for Kosovo's status within it, it should be an autonomous full republic member state which it de facto was for decades. Kosovo as it exists today is an American creation and is fundamentally anti-European, and it should be opposed as such. I would support Serbia regaining authority over Kosovo through peaceful methods, but that is unlikely.
By Aekos
Of course it can be.

Dabogda we'll all figure out the proper way to go our separate ways.
By Syd
Nets wrote:Kosovo (minus a small chunk adjacent to Serbia) is virtually 100% Albania. Let it join Albania, let Sprska join Serbia.

What he said.
By redcarpet
Yes, the Kosovo Albanians are immigrants from Albania. They don't have a right to a state of their own(other than Albania).
By ingliz
I don't care, but where does this end? When every village is a nation state.
By LehmanB
Sepharadi wrote:I say yes. The Serbs are among my favorite ethnic groups in Europe. I too share their dream of "Greater Serbia".

Me too. Or atleast- Kosovo, which is the historical core of the Serbs for the very least.
By Annatar
No. Kosovo is Albanian territory

The Serbs were careless, now they have to pay the price.
By eloweeth
No,Kosovo is an Albanian territory.
By the way there are two times more Kosovans living in Turkey than the entire Kosovo so if the above is not the case another option:
Kosovo is a Turkish territory :p
By LehmanB
eloweeth- and Kurdistan and half of Armenia. :muha1:

Annatar wrote:The Serbs were careless, now they have to pay the price.

thats a point actualy.
By eloweeth
eloweeth- and Kurdistan and half of Armenia.

:hmm: Well,what I said was absolutely a joke
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

In the same spirit I freely admit I was wrong to […]

Well that depends on what you want to accomplish.[…]

Stop condoning Islam Stop condoning Orthodox Juda[…]

Farage, btw, is a Putin puppet. What a laugh. Th[…]