Is the post-colonial discrimination... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is the post-colonial discrimination against whites in Africa justifiable?

Yes
7%
No
72%
Maybe
7%
Other
15%
By Dr House
To be fair, Marxism's final goal is communism, which necessitates the destruction of all nations. Therefore, progressive multicultism compliments communism perfectly.
By Dave
I'm sure that's accurate at all. It necessitates the destruction of class and "class dictatorship" (ie, the state), but not nationality and ethnicity per se.
By Stormsmith
I would have thought black against black was the more violent and objectionable form of discrimination. Make that evil form of discrimination.

House - funny you should say that. I was just thinking of the globalisation of shirts and ties, cars and McDonald's in countries such as China and other Asian countries. Those 'cultural differences' unique to those Asian countries are being lost, in favour of homogenizing world cultures into something like a 'Euro - western' lifestyle. And it seems to me to be happening a damned sight faster than communism.
By Dr House
Dave wrote:I'm sure that's accurate at all. It necessitates the destruction of class and "class dictatorship" (ie, the state), but not nationality and ethnicity per se.

Yes, but it begs the question of why Marx believed the state should be dissolved, which to my knowledge is because to him it was a divisor between the working classes of the world, which the ruling class used for some kind of divide and conquer bullshit. The call of Marxism is for global unity, which implies that the only reason workers are divided is for political reasons, which implicitly denies the idea they might just prefer to keep to themselves. Otherwise there would be no point in the working classes of the World uniting, and no desire on their part to do so (which there isn't of course, but we're arguing the Marxoid point of view here).
By Fasces
"Seniority" doesn't prevent justice. Male and female, white and non-white, young and old deserve to get clobbered for their role in colonialism.

What of Africans who worked within the colonial system, benefited from it because of education or any other aspect? Do they not too deserve punishment for legitimizing colonialism? Following this thread of thought to its logical conclusion, why do some deserve punishment and not others?

Your initial response will be yes, and I will hang Mandela and Ghandi for being active participants in the colonial system, prior to their revolt from it.
By Dr House
Fasces wrote:Your initial response will be yes, and I will hang Mandela and Ghandi for being active participants in the colonial system, prior to their revolt from it.

Awesome. Fuck Ghandi.
By Ombrageux
"Discrimination" is a rather broad term. Violence against any ethnic minority by a ruling majority is unjustifiable regardless of circumstance. That isn't to say various forms of "positive discrimination" for the poor majority, to the detriment of the privileged minority, should never be justified.
By Dr House
You just contradicted yourself. Positive discrimination is discrimination.
By Ombrageux
Read my effing post.
By Corporatios
In the confederation cup, South Africans were booing the only white player in their team, whenever he touched the ball. In Europe such an act would have created a great uproar.
By Zyx
Other.

Corporatios wrote:In Europe such an act would have created a great uproar.

HA!

You mean booing a White player would create an uproar!

--

I wouldn't concern myself with South African de facto discrimination, if it does or doesn't exist. As far as I can tell, it's much too far away to either get an accurate ground view or truly be concerned over. An apolitical ground view ground change my mind, yet the possibilities with regard "Black on White" discrimination is far fetched. If it exists, it's likely just isolated incidents more to do with economics than racial hatred.

As to the subject of beating old White folk, I'm missing how that's illegitimate. I suppose that if they repented, there's no flaw, but isn't it decent in the Western narrative to hold people accountable for their past actions? There is a statute, sure, but what's the statute for "hell?"
By Mazhi
No.
By Kman
Zyx your hypocrisy is mind blowing, you dont mind white people being beaten up by roaming gangs of black people, yet if gangs of white people went around beating up black people, then you would be incredibly angry and causing a huge stir im sure.

So apparently in your world physical violence motivated by racism is ok, as long as its directed against white people.
By Dave
Zyx is black which makes his position acceptable, though it would be nice if he stopped masking it in such bizarre ways. Le Rouge is white which makes his position far worse.
By Beren
Dave wrote:Le Rouge is white which makes his position far worse.

Because he's a traitor in this case actually, right? :roll:

I say some kind of discrimination (higher tax-rates for example) in order to compensate the black populace for the apartheid can be justified.
By Dave
Beren wrote:Because he's a traitor in this case actually, right? :roll:

I say some kind of discrimination (higher tax-rates for example) in order to compensate the black populace for the apartheid can be justified.

Perhaps you should pay higher tax rates to compensate the gypsies for the historic discrimination against them?
By Beren
:lol:

There has never been apartheid in Hungary, Dave. However, many of them live on welfare indeed.
By Dave
Beren wrote::lol:

There has never been apartheid in Hungary, Dave. However, many of them live on welfare indeed.

Sure there has. Gypsies were once forcibly confined to ghettos and in many ways continue to be excluded from society, although now the state under EU pressure makes great efforts to assist them. The same people who blame us for black problems also blame us for gypsy problems.
By Beren
Not many gypsies were forcibly confined to ghettos, so let's compensate them or their descendants. I remember my debate with Maas and I remember he/she had problems with forced integration and discrimination too. Discrimination of gypsies is a series of individual and local cases here in Hungary, the central government tries and has always tried to integrate them by many ways. Except those who were sent to Auschwitz.
By Dave
Now consider which Western countries have troublesome minority populations that the government tries to assist and integrate. Don't pull a Maas on us. ;)

According to the IHRA source posted above, claimi[…]

Is that true? The concept of race, and racial[…]

1. It is not clear that settler colonialism is th[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/B8OL2t0-78I