How do you feel about Turkey? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How do you feel about Turkey?

Negative
34%
Neutral
35%
Positive
28%
Other
4%
By Dr House
Positive.
By ingliz
Neutral
By FuzoPatriota
Negative, for as long as the Islamists are in power. Turkey are moving away from the West and moving further into Islam. One day Israel might find itself in war with Turkey and Turkey might leave NATO and then the West will lose a strategic ally in the region. The Turkish military should try again and stage a coup to get rid of the Islamists, who will turn Turkey into a dictatorship where women have no rights and where Sharia Law is the law of the land. Such a coup would be acceptable as it wold defend Turkey's secularism and democracy.
By Thunderhawk
Positive. I love turkey breast and turkey sausage. Turkey legs however Im not a fan of.
:hmm: Sigh, I took out veal for dinner.
By Captain Sam
Negative. Turkey is starting to evolve in to just another Islamic state. Then there is also the entire deal with Turkey imprisoning anyone that even mentions the Armenian genocide because it's some sort of "Insult to Turkishness".

Turkey recently became hostile towards Israel, after for many decades they were on friendly terms. Turks commonly ramble on about how inherently evil the Greeks are, and that they're some sort of "secessionists". Turkey has also had a recent strong movement to end democracy in the country (as well as secularity).
By Dr House
Captain Sam wrote:Turkey has also had a recent strong movement to end democracy in the country

Awesome.
By Captain Sam
Awesome.

Not awesome. If such a thing does come true, hopefully the nation will be expelled from NATO and won't be granted permission to join the EU.

The world already has over a couple dozen authoritarian/totalitarian Islamic states. We don't need any more.
By Aekos
Not awesome. If such a thing does come true, hopefully the nation will be expelled from NATO and won't be granted permission to join the EU.

And afterward NATO can secretly fund Kurds who are eventually able to overthrow the regime.
By Lightman
The world already has over a couple dozen authoritarian/totalitarian Islamic states.
The amount of Islam in Turkish government is directly proportional to the amount of democracy. The military is very much secular, and would rule as such if they seized control.
By Quantum
Captain Sam wrote:Turkey has also had a recent strong movement to end democracy in the country (as well as secularity).

That's a good thing IMO. Many people can't come to a rational conclusion when casting their vote because they never look at the issues, they only look at the style of the leaders, hence they vote for leaders like Obama and Blair who promise everything and give nothing. If you ask them why they voted for a candidate, they would probably say it's because of family voting plans or that he's articulate. The people fall for this shit again and again because they alternate between different parties and wonder why they do a rubbish job. Democracy tends to produce useless leaders and career politicians, and the sooner they ditch this failed experiment, the better.

BTW, the most secular part of the state is also the most authoritarian (the army).
By 2112
I have heard that the people in Turkey are extremely rude to tourists by way of water. I also met a man from Turkey who was egotistical and self-serving. I would not judge an entire country of people by the actions of one, however.
By Nets
Increasingly negative based on the AKP. I miss the Turkey of the 1990s.

That said, my faculty mentor is Turkish.
By Plaro
Neutral: Just we need to take back some Greek land and deport their nationals from Europe, otherwise I respect and appreciate their people and history.
By redcarpet
Postive, though I have to ignore alot of failings like the repression of Kurds and the "insulting Turkishness' rubbish
By Miecznik
Positive

Opposite to other nations with mostly islamic population they behave like white people.
Besides we share some common histroy
By Aekos
they behave like white people

You realize that that's a controversial comment? :p

Besides we share some common histroy

No good common history

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]