How do you feel about Russia? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How do you feel about Russia?

Positive
38%
Neutral
13%
Negative
48%
N/A or Other
1%
By Figlio di Moros
Russia's a threat, militarily and economically both; it's in the best interest of my nation to nuetralize threats as best as possible.
By Aekos
You don't really feel like that Bella

It's the Western influence
By W01f
Positive. I am somewhat of a Russophile myself (surprise surprise).
By Red_Army
The culture and literary legacy have always intrigued me more than any other nations (except for the USA which I like as much as the Russian in this regard)

The history, geography, I also find fascinating, but the current government seems pretty bleh to me. Especially with Putin's recent closing of the barely opened Soviet archives.
By Nets
Negative
By stalker
Positive 50% [ 7 X ]
Neutral 7% [ 1 ]
Negative 43% [ 6 ]
N/A or Other 0% [ 0 ]

It sure polarizes people. :lol:
By Thunderhawk
Mixed. There is a great deal of positive, but too much recent negatives for me to vote positive.

Thus, I vote Neutral.
By Plaro
Posativna

I will do anything for my people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWp1tKF9ONQ&feature=related
It just shows to you commies and not just them, it was not communism, liberalism or democracy that saved Soviet Union from German invasion, but nationalism. In this World War 2 song, sung by the the solders in the war and made popular after the war, the verse read as such "Proceeds war national, holy war", hinting to the fact that people did not fight for "communist" ideals but for preservation of their nationhood, homeland. With some tinge of religion there, to feel like god is on ones side.
Last edited by Plaro on 04 Nov 2009 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
By Nandi
Economically the Kremlin's oil-centred policies are a mess and lack much stimulus for any competive and innovative industries.

Foreign policy wise Russia is doing good; it presents a somewhat balanced vision on the world, not too imperialistic as the US or EU. On countries and territories it considers it's own that's a different matter and it often presents it's viscious side here, what we've seen with Georgia and Ukraine recently.

Democratically it lacks much political freedom and transparency. Dissenting voices are too often brutally and unfairly dealt with and the media certainly needs some liberalising.

Neutral I guess.
By redcarpet
Positive. Putin halved poverty numbers and has more or less repaired much of the damage from they Yeltsin years. As well as of course restore Russia's position in the world as a superpower not to be stiffed ;)
By Nattering Nabob
Negative...Russia is America without the free press...
By Dr House
Neutral. I like the country, but consider it a looming geopolitical threat that must be neutralized.
By JohnRawls
As of Putin - Negatory
As of Medvedev - Pository

Putin is just a giant nationalizer and oil sucker .

Medvedev on the other hand tries to do something with other industries it seems . Tries to push for industrial reform and inovation .
By Potemkin
Medvedev on the other hand tries to do something with other industries it seems . Tries to push for industrial reform and inovation .

You mean just like Stalin? ;)
By JohnRawls
You know what i mean :D :p . Ofcourse not Stalin , more like Reagan i guess . Tax cuts for new businesses and tax cuts for enterprises engaged in inovational projects specially nanotech .

Well that depends on what you want to accomplish.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I freely admit that at the time, I totally undere[…]

Stop condoning Islam Stop condoning Orthodox Juda[…]

Farage, btw, is a Putin puppet. What a laugh. Th[…]