How do you feel about the United States? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How do you feel about the United States?

Positive
38%
Neutral
20%
Negative
38%
Other
5%
By Cartertonian
Figlio di Moros wrote:Uh... you mean the troubled little sister, or maybe cousin, right? Since, you know, the first Latin-American nation didn't recieve their soveirgnty until about 1820, and we've been protecting them from the European powers since.

I think when I'm dabbling in imaginative metaphors, FDM, you could cut me a little slack on the technicalities. ;)
By Doomhammer
There's also this

Why is the Hegemonic power theory any better?

Which one am I supposed to look at in the link?

Actually, yes.

Well, you would. 8)
By Figlio di Moros
cartertonian wrote:I think when I'm dabbling in imaginative metaphors, FDM, you could cut me a little slack on the technicalities. ;)

Well, you being a brit, I figured you'd want to use your metaphors correctly... There's a bit of a gap in the imagry of a surrogate mother and a lil sister.
By Doomhammer
Any of them.

1. Most of those aren't theories but concepts.
2. Hegemonic Stability Theory is not a grand theory; but realism and idealsim are, and the most recent versions of the two grand theories (neorealism and neolliberalism) support the idea of an international system and polarity. Thus hegemonic stability theory, which sets out to address a specific situation that explains the unique case of a unipolar world, or a situation where, despite a multipolar world, there clearly exists a state more powerful than others and that sets the pace in international affairs, is compatible with two major schools of IR.
3. In explaining a particular phenomenon, a specific theory is more valid than a general grand-theory.

they want to hire more 'people of color [sic] ' […]

The bills at hand are actually two different bills[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

People who are mad at Nuland will have various ag[…]

BRICS will fail

Rupees or dollars or euros. BRICS is kind of a jo[…]