Top 10 countries in 2003 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Papergut
Economically:
1) China
---
2) USA (far behind)
---
3) India
4) Brazil
---
5) Japan
6) England
7) France, Germany
8) Canada
9) Norway, Sweden
10) Kuwait

Military:
1) USA
---
2) Russia
3) China
4) North Korea
---
5) Palestine
6) England
7) Israel
8) India
9) Iraq
10) France, Germany

Sphere of influence:
1) USA with their economical slaves
2) France with other Europeans
3) Iraq, DPRK, Iran and other countries USA will invade
By seifer almasy
Papergut wrote:Economically:
1) China
---
2) USA (far behind)
---

Erm, have you even compared the two nations' annual GDP? The U$ is leaps and bounds ahead of China.
By Krasniy Yastreb
Man On The Moon wrote:uk- small population, small armed forces, advanced technology, rivaling best navy in the world today.

I live a mile from the main British naval dockyard and believe me, while the Royal Navy may have been strong at one time, it sure as hell isn't any more.

Naval strength has decreased by 25% since the end of the cold war alone!!! Have you seen our piddling little aircraft carriers? they're about the size of rowing boats! and there's only 3!

It's spooky looking up the harbour at the dockyard though, there's hardly any ships left. they're all in the Persian Gulf.

But I'd say that the rest of the UK military are up-to scratch. And some, like the Marines, SAS and SBS are just absolutely f*cking excellent.

But enough of my lecture on the state of the forces...... :roll:
By Man On The Moon
Papergut wrote:Economically:
1) China
---
2) USA (far behind)
---
3) India
4) Brazil
---
5) Japan
6) England
7) France, Germany
8) Canada
9) Norway, Sweden
10) Kuwait

Military:
1) USA
---
2) Russia
3) China
4) North Korea
---
5) Palestine
6) England
7) Israel
8) India
9) Iraq
10) France, Germany

Sphere of influence:
1) USA with their economical slaves
2) France with other Europeans
3) Iraq, DPRK, Iran and other countries USA will invade

I hope i dont see that again, I live in scotland, though obviously thats part of the UK, and its a union, its not englands army, its the united kingdom, all trident submarines (the Uk's strategic nuclear deterrent) is based in clyde scotland, and a good deal of regiments are based in scotland and wales, its not just all england.

sorry to sound picky, but ive seen alot of folk (especially from the US) refer to everything british as "English" and its a wee bit irritating!
By CasX
China more economically powerful than the USA? In the future, probably, but not yet.

Papergut wrote:(military list)

5) Palestine
7) Israel

?
By Krasniy Yastreb
Man On The Moon wrote:sorry to sound picky, but ive seen alot of folk (especially from the US) refer to everything british as "English" and its a wee bit irritating!

The man has a point there. I think all our submarines now are based in Scotland (since they left Portsmouth anyway), and a good part of the RAF is up there too.

If I was a Scot, I'd find everyone referring to me as 'English' irritating too!
By Man On The Moon
Yup, I once travelled down to the Clyde Naval yards, ( near glasgow, scotland) where all the trident submarines are stationed, and also caught a glimpse of the keel of the new Arieya (Sp?) class submarines that are to replace the trident as the nuclear deterrent. quite a few RAF bases up here too.
By Krasniy Yastreb
Hmm, I know nothing of any new subs being built, they must be keeping it quiet. And why it's only the keel you saw is a surprise to me too, seeing as the Vanguard submarines were built at Barrow-in-Furness. Interesting stuff.

The planned large aircraft carrier to be based down here is being built by Thales in France! It's degrading! (no offence to French marine engineering, but we've got to be self sufficient in a few ways at least...)
By Man On The Moon
as far as i know the Ariya class sub is just a single prototype, a testbed for new systems, I dont think its going into any kind of production run.

and the french? remind me about their air craft carriers again.....
By Adrien
Hehe, i hope they'll do yours better than ours, the Charles de Gaulle!

Well, non-working engines and shorter runway are inovative, aren't they?
By Man On The Moon
Dri wrote:Hehe, i hope they'll do yours better than ours, the Charles de Gaulle!

Well, non-working engines and shorter runway are inovative, aren't they?
#

I prefer my toasters, my in car electronics and my Television programmes to be Innovative, not my countries Naval defences!

:p
By Adrien
It's safer i've got to admit it! They're planning to build another aircraft carrier, i wonder what ideas they will come up with this time..

:D
By Man On The Moon
just remind them, a watertight hull is not a "moneyhungry luxury." its really quite important.!
By seifer almasy
I found this graphic over at BBCnews.com. I think it might help:

By Krasniy Yastreb
Oooooh.....

Erm, I knew that the US spending is far greater, but...that...much???
By Adrien
Wow, that's gigantic!

And it comes from the BBC, so it must be more or less true.
Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]