It's all utterly fake - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@late They have admitted to lying about the vaccine effectiveness and ability of the vaccine to stop transmission. They also lied when they said that masks did not help, and then reversed their stances. That's not projection.

I was very pro-vaccine. I took it and a few boosters. I stood behind lockdowns and masks.
By late
Godstud wrote:

That's not projection.

I have my doubts.

They did the best they could, and once Trump was kicked to the curb, things got organised.

As the saying goes: 'When the facts change, so does my opinion'.
By Rich
wat0n wrote:It seems Obamacare was a short-term cost for a long-term gain.

A short term political cost to the Democratic Party but a long term gain for the Pharmaceutical Sickness industrial complex and the insurance industries and no doubt the medical lawyers and other parasites. Also a long term cost to the ordinary American worker and small business owner who've been enslaved to the corporate parasites.
late wrote:Anything, and I mean anything, in science can be replaced by something better.

Nonsense. A lot of science is finished and final. Nothing is ever going to replace the Germ Theory of infectious disease. Nothing is ever going to replace the periodic table of the elements.
Newtonian mechanics seemed perfect. Hell, we still use it most of the time. But it's a subset of Einstein's work now, it's used because it's easy.

Nothing is ever going to replace F=MA.
You're a hack.

You're talking nonsense.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then it would be really stupid to tell people to look outside their window to determine whether or not there was an anthropogenic climate crisis.

No, it makes eminent sense, and it works for any climate crisis.
And yet, here I am, looking out the window at clear evidence of anthropogenic climate change.

No, all you are seeing is evidence of forest fires. The rest is all supposition and risibly invalid inference.
Stop swearing at people and calling them liars.

Stop makin' $#!+ up. There is a difference between identifying a lie and calling someone a liar, just as there is a difference between swearing and using keyboard symbols as a substitute for swearing.
This is incorrect.

No. It is correct.
By late
Truth To Power wrote:
Nonsense. A lot of science is finished and final. Nothing is ever going to replace the Germ Theory of infectious disease. Nothing is ever going to replace the periodic table of the elements.

Nothing is ever going to replace F=MA.

You're talking nonsense.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Science doesn't do final. Something may stand the test of time, but that's not the point. Everything can be questioned, everything can theoretically be replaced with something better.

F=MA was replaced. Newtonian mechanics are incredibly useful, but they aren't the last word...
It is a verified fact that Edmonton and Calgary are experiencing record amounts of wildfire smoke.

It is a strongly supported theory that this wildfire problem is significantly exacerbated by anthropogenic climate change.

The evidence for these claims has already been presented.

@Truth To Power is angry again.
By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
It is a verified fact that Edmonton and Calgary are experiencing record amounts of wildfire smoke.

It is a strongly supported theory that this wildfire problem is significantly exacerbated by anthropogenic climate change.

It occurs to me that it's fake doesn't stop with climate change. The bigotry against the gay community, the Black community and the educated is all part of the exact same deception.

It's a power grab, and the participants are all willing to burn the country to the ground, as long as they can rule over the ashes. Although with TP, that's literal...
late wrote:Science doesn't do final.

Yes it does.
Something may stand the test of time, but that's not the point.

Yes it is.
Everything can be questioned, everything can theoretically be replaced with something better.

Theoretically.
F=MA was replaced.

No it wasn't.
Newtonian mechanics are incredibly useful, but they aren't the last word...

Irrelevant. The fact that many older scientific ideas have been superseded doesn't imply that they all eventually will.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is a verified fact that Edmonton and Calgary are experiencing record amounts of wildfire smoke.

"Record" for a period of less than 150 years, and that begins well after the end of the coldest 500-year period in the last 10,000 years...

No it isn't. If it were, 2020 would not have had record low smoke.

No it hasn't. All that has been presented is unsupported supposition.

If you are not rich, and you are not angry, then you do not understand what the rich are doing to you.
By late
Truth To Power wrote:

Irrelevant.

It's an essential feature in science.

"This list catalogs well-accepted theories in science and pre-scientific natural philosophy and natural history which have since been superseded by scientific theories. Many discarded explanations were once supported by a scientific consensus, but replaced after more empirical information became available that identified flaws and prompted new theories which better explain the available data. Pre-modern explanations originated before the scientific method, with varying degrees of empirical support.

Some theories are discarded in their entirety, such as the replacement of the phlogiston theory by energy and thermodynamics. Some theories known to be incomplete or in some ways incorrect are still used. For example, Newtonian classical mechanics is accurate enough for practical calculations at everyday distances and velocities, and it is still taught in schools. The more complicated relativistic mechanics must be used for long distances and velocities nearing the speed of light, and quantum mechanics for very small distances and objects.

Some theories originate in, or are perpetuated by, pseudoscience, which claims to be both scientific and factual, but fails to follow the scientific method." (That would be you.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_theories_in_science
So it is undisputed that people in Alberta can just look out the window and see evidence of the negative impacts of wildfire smoke, which has now risen to a new high since people started keeping track.

And no one has presented any reason to dispute the evidence that this is due to anthropogenic climate change.
By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
And no one has presented any reason to dispute the evidence that this is due to anthropogenic climate change.

It has never faced a serious challenge.

Indeed, in 1977, the National Academy of Sciences said we needed to start making changes to avoid the crisis we are in now.
late wrote:Republicans, if it ain't lies or BS, they aren't talking about it:

The only difference between the two parties is one supports gun rights and the other supports abortion rights. There is absolutely no difference between the two parties in regards to anything that matters and they are both more rightwing than the UK Tory party.

To to illustrate my point look at all the blue state cities, especially in regards to San Francisco and Portland. There is so much social justice here that everyone who needs help are currently living on a street because there is no affordable homes and minimum wage is like 5 bucks an hour.
By late
B0ycey wrote:
The only difference between the two parties is one supports gun rights and the other supports abortion rights. There is absolutely no difference between the two parties in regards to anything that matters and they are both more rightwing than the UK Tory party.

To to illustrate my point look at all the blue state cities, especially in regards to San Francisco and Portland. There is so much social justice here that everyone who needs help are currently living on a street because there is no affordable homes and minimum wage is like 5 bucks an hour.

There are a lot of differences.

However, most Americans are reactionaries, and you see that all the time, although it's particularly glaring and galling in San Fran..
late wrote:There are a lot of differences.

However, most Americans are reactionaries, and you see that all the time, although it's particularly glaring and galling in San Fran..

San Francisco is ran by Democrat politicians Late. It is a fucking mess and the solution they came with was decriminalisation rather than actually addressing the problems there which ironically has made things much worse. California happens to be Americas breadbasket with GDP larger than most other nations and IT IS STILL broke. How do you think that has happened? I can tell you but you won't like the answer. It is broke because it is a low tax state and that is why Silicon Valley, Hollywood and the virtual signaling bourgeois reside there. There is virtually no investment in state run programs like health, transport and education which you find in any other country run by recognised Left leaning parties, the cost of living has not been addressed especially in regards to housing and welfare is non existent. The biggest lie every told was the claim the Democrats are a Left party. They are run by the same donors as the Republican party and as such defecto the same party. Until Americans understand this, the will be clout chasing and arguing amongst themselves over stupid little things like who can use what toilet rather than the problems that matter like the cost of living.
By late
B0ycey wrote:
San Francisco is ran by Democrat politicians Late. It is a fucking mess and the solution they came with was decriminalisation rather than actually addressing the problems there which ironically has made things much worse. California happens to be Americas breadbasket with GDP larger than most other nations and IT IS STILL broke. How do you think that has happened? I can tell you but you won't like the answer. It is broke because it is a low tax state and that is why Silicon Valley, Hollywood and the virtual signaling bourgeois reside there. There is virtually no investment in state run programs like health, transport and education which you find in any other country run by recognised Left leaning parties, the cost of living has not been addressed especially in regards to housing and welfare is non existent. The biggest lie every told was the claim the Democrats are a Left party. They are run by the same donors as the Republican party and as such defecto the same party. Until Americans understand this, the will be clout chasing and arguing amongst themselves over stupid little things like who can use what toilet rather than the problems that matter like the cost of living.

That's one way of telling us you don't understand.
late wrote:That's one way of telling us you don't understand.

I understand perfectly well the issues in San Francisco. However that is one way of telling us that you are so partizan you are unable to see that the Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans.
late wrote: The bigotry against the gay community, the Black community and the educated is all part of the exact same deception.
Can you give some specific examples? It seems that vague references are common to things that are not actually anything more than rare problems. This happens a lot when people make claims they cannot support. This is like the claims of trans bullying online, but then they won't give you the actual examples.

late wrote:Indeed, in 1977, the National Academy of Sciences said we needed to start making changes to avoid the crisis we are in now.
In the 1970s they were talking about climate change going towards an Ice Age.

I just read a few satires by Juvenal, and I still[…]

@Potemkin nails it. You're a smart dude, Potemk[…]

It seems from this quote that you are itching to […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. The […]