The rhetoric of violence - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By late
The Death Cult has been saying regime a lot.

What they mean is a violent regime change.

"“What do people ultimately do to regimes?” Tait asks rhetorically. “They topple them.” To call the legitimately elected Biden administration “the regime,” Tait argues, “is an implicit call to overthrow it.”

Steven Levitsky, a scholar of democratic breakdown, sees this as roughly analogous to Latin American countries in which the concerted delegitimization of elected governments was followed by coups.

“To call a democratically elected government a ‘regime’ is to deliberately undermine its legitimacy and justify authoritarian and violent acts against it,” Levitsky tells me.

Now the term “regime” is being employed strategically to justify the further abandonment of democracy, Levitsky notes: “This is clear evidence that a big sector of the party is now on authoritarian terrain.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ump-jan-6/

While this is not what you'd want to call a surprise, the escalation towards mass violence is a matter of some concern.
But Death Cult is perfectly neutral. Gotcha :lol:

You’re a funny one late. I like you, but I don’t think I ever really agree with you on anything :lol:
By late
ness31 wrote:
But Death Cult is perfectly neutral.

Some might conclude that an opinion is less dramatic than a violent overthrow of the government.

Pretty much everything radical Republicans like kills...

I'm sure all this made sense in your head somehow[…]

Every conflict the West finds itself in, or which[…]

Yes , actually they sort of did . Not simply for […]

Source The chief prosecutor of the internation[…]