Draw Muhammed Day - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Kman
Rei Murasame wrote:Which is a feature held in common with your own ideology, Libertarianism, since your ideology explicitly instructs people not to take care of each other, and not to permit the local or state authorities to take care of people either.

Wrong... what libertarianism is about is giving freedom to people, among them the freedom to choose how much money they want to spend on charity, state run charity schemes often become highly abusive since the people receiving the money often vote for politicians that agree to take even more money from the industrious people, a privately run charity system cannot ever become abusive since the giver is the one deciding how much to give.
By DanDaMan
Which is a feature held in common with your own ideology, Libertarianism, since your ideology explicitly instructs people not to take care of each other
Wait... you mean like Obama's new taxation on charity designed to discourage charity?

Surely, as a statist, you fully understand the states desire to remove responsibility from the individual and have the state decide what charities are best?
By Rei Murasame
DanDaMan wrote:Wait... you mean like Obama's [...]

Obama is a liberal as well and I oppose him. The USA doesn't even have 'statists'.
By DanDaMan
Obama is a liberal as well and I oppose him. The USA doesn't even have 'statists'.
He is liberally expanding government and it's controls. His ACTIONS therefore define him as a statist.

Maybe from your perspective, being you're a heavy fascist style statist, he's not. But for America, he is.
Last edited by DanDaMan on 24 May 2010 14:47, edited 2 times in total.
By Fasces
America has federalists, not statists. No American politician would even dream of replacing the state system, and modern US states have much greater powers than a comparative European province.
By DanDaMan
America has federalists, not statists. No American politician would even dream of replacing the state system, and modern US states have much greater powers than a comparative European province.
Two things.
A) when I say "statist" I mean an upper federal level style government. Not the individual (50) states. I apologize for not clarifying that to the forum.
B) Obama is promoting Global Governance as we speak. Hillary is trying to pass global gun law BS. The left is devouring our sovereignty.
By Fasces
1. I know what you meant, though you did not know what I did. European statists believe in a strong central state in which the central government is supreme to the provinces in a much greater way than in the United States. American politicians are not statists, but federalists.

2. Individuals have no sovereignty except that which is given. Sovereignty can only be given, not taken away.

I will gladly double down on th[a]t. So after sa[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]