Protest against the Housing Bailout, July 31st, 2008 in DC - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Potemkin
Could be, Dave, could be.... ;)
By John08
You can find Company filings here, if you want to know their investments. Form 10K is a good start. If this hypothetical person puts all his money in a bank, without diversifiying, then he's no worse than the trashy gambler who wasted all his money on hookers and the slot machine, in Vegas.

Thank You! was this so hard people?

Next point, and then I consede since I've clearly lost, How many people now a website like this even exists?
By Dave
It's not like the SEC has been a well known entity in charge of regulating public corporations since 1933 or anything... :roll:
By John08
No, not the regulations. I mean the website, how many people know that a website exists which has what Bank is investing in what.
By Dave
Probably anyone who owns more than $2,000 in stock in anything...
By Potemkin
No, not the regulations. I mean the website, how many people know that a website exists which has what Bank is investing in what.

I've heard rumours about a wonderful new invention on teh internetz. I believe they call it 'Gooble' or 'Goobah' or something like that.... :)
By Dave
You can also request 10k reports by mail...
By John08
haha Potemkin. If you don't know to look for something, why would you bother? I'm geussing that the point of this site is to allow people to monitor what your money is being invested in. But, if you have no way of knowing that a site exists that allows you to watch it, you aren't going to go looking for it.

And Dave, there's a differnce between a day trader watching his/her stock and Joe Blow putting his money in the bank.
By Dave
These days Joe Blow has no savings anyway so whatever. And in any case the FDIC insures deposits up to $100,000--Joe Blow typically doesn't have savings over that. Phil Gramm is right about whiners.
By Fenrir
But, if you have no way of knowing that a site exists that allows you to watch it, you aren't going to go looking for it.

:eh:

How hard is it to go to www.google.com, type "investing basics", and read? You make it sound like the SEC is a secret subsidiary of the Illuminati.

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]