Legalising Marijuana. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By NYYS
Really? Alcohol and tobacco companies are going to go out of business if marijuana is legal? Is there any historical precedent for that, in any of the other countries that has legal weed?

And pharmaceuticals... what? I'm sure you think weed is great and all, but it's not going to treat cancer or AIDS or help you get a boner, all of which are done by products made by companies in the very diverse pharmaceutical industry.
By QatzelOk
Is there any historical precedent for that, in any of the other countries that has legal weed?

There's only one very small country that has legal weed (Netherlands) so there's no real precedent.

The alcohol and tobacco industries have lobbies, while the pot lobby can be arrested.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
NORML is a pot lobby and they've been running for a while.
By QatzelOk
Yankee Sux, Ontario is shown on that map as having legal pot.

As someone who is very familiar with drug enforcement practices in Canada, I can tell you that that map is innacurate. Quebec and other provinces are even slacker in enforcing our antiquated drug laws than Ontario is.

And being "tolerated" is very different from being legal. You can't buy clean, controlled pot at a corner store here. If you could, then tobacco and alcohol would be in trouble.
By NYYS
Yankee Sux, Ontario is shown on that map as having legal pot.

No, it's shown as having "essentially legal" pot. Besides, that is one of many.
If you could, then tobacco and alcohol would be in trouble.

Why? Back up the claim, Qatz.
By QatzelOk
Why? Back up the claim, Qatz.

With what? A colorful map that doesn't reflect reality at all?
By NYYS
Honestly, with anything. I'll take anecdotal evidence at this point.
By QatzelOk
Well, when a large nation takes the lead and legalizes marijuana distribution and quality control, this nation can work on making this product even safer and healthier than it is now.

Then, it will be time to crack down on cruder drugs - like tobacco and alcohol - that basically replaced pot as a means to escape a horrible reality created out of text.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Pre 20th century America had no drug laws, including readily available amounts of marijuana (and hemp, but that's beside the point), and alcohol was still far more popular. Alcohol is ingrained with a certain amount of sophistication in the eyes of the upper class and a certain amount of populism in the lower class.

Also, stoners would buy weed in addition to their alcohol consumption. They would probably actually have more money for alcohol if weed was legal.
By QatzelOk
Pre 20th century America had no drug laws, including readily available amounts of marijuana...

Extremely low-quality marijuana that wasn't much different from smoking tobacco.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Extremely low-quality marijuana that wasn't much different from smoking tobacco.

Any proof of this besides speculation? There have always been varying qualities of weed available, and the idea that pot is somehow stronger nowadays is simply misguided.

Maijuana Myths wrote:Marijuana is more potent today than in the past

This myth is the result of bad data. The researchers who made the claim of increased potency used as their baseline the THC content of marijuana seized by police in the early 1970s. Poor storage of this marijuana in un-air conditioned evidence rooms caused it to deteriorate and decline in potency before any chemical assay was performed. Contemporaneous, independent assays of unseized "street" marijuana from the early 1970s showed a potency equivalent to that of modern "street" marijuana. Actually, the most potent form of this drug that was generally available was sold legally in the 1920s and 1930s by the pharmaceutical company Smith-Klein under the name, "American Cannabis".

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/marmyt1.html
By QatzelOk
the idea that pot is somehow stronger nowadays is simply misguided.

The researchers who made the claim of increased potency used as their baseline the THC content of marijuana seized by police in the early 1970s

These are your texts.

I smoked fresh-off-the-plant marijuana back in the 70s and now, and it's a lot stronger now. There is simply no comparison.

This is my own experience, and not just some text I plopped here.

Remember "experience?"
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
The researchers who made the claim of increased potency used as their baseline the THC content of marijuana seized by police in the early 1970s. Poor storage of this marijuana in un-air conditioned evidence rooms caused it to deteriorate and decline in potency before any chemical assay was performed.

Actually, these are my texts.
This is my own experience, and not just some text I plopped here.

Remember "experience?"

As you would say, this is just text and not your experience.
By QatzelOk
Me = experience

You = text

**yells Infinity! and then plugs ears and hums**
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Interesting.

Anyway in my experience after 30 years of building up connects and developing smoking techniques, you should be getting a lot better weed.
By MB.
Qatz sent me some of his afghani budder and it was fantastic.

Moving along...
By QatzelOk
Qatz sent me some of his afghani budder and it was fantastic.

I used to go out with some gay Taliban, and they had a great connection.
By danholo
Def yo. Us smokers here are patently fucked and smoking our own demise with hash that's filled with rat poison and other drugs, from the Arabs. Spread the love.

I am waiting, @Pants-of-dog - cite from the repo[…]

Using two different terms for what is essentially[…]

https://i.ibb.co/THypGjD/image.pn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

How many foreign volunteers and from which countr[…]