Legalising Marijuana. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By kuros_taken
Those are social in the context that people happen to be in the same place while on the same drug. Pot, for many, is a commune with the purpose of building relationships.

Do you use any of these drugs you are 'defending'? Or cannabis, for that matter? I feel this is relevant as far as your knowledge of them, fliers and text can only convey so much.
By MB.
does not mention meditation.

It does now.

Anyway, why are you harping on these random points I made up at 2 am last night in 5 minutes?
By Douglas
It does now.

Aists use E in their meditation ceremonies.

Pot, for many, is a commune with the purpose of building relationships.

Like E at clubs or meth at parties?
By kuros_taken
You are entirely missing the point. If you ever smoked weed in a circle with friends you would know that it is nothing like taking a single pill and then raving all night or sketching out on meth. And you conveniently avoided whether or not you had any sort of actual experience-related knowledge to these drugs.
By Douglas
If you ever smoked weed in a circle with friends you would know that it is nothing like taking a single pill and then raving all night or sketching out on meth.

On the meth side I was talking about party and play but whatever. Now that is a very social environment, having sex with people, seems a friendly enough environment. Not quite as friendly as sitting in a circle in a squat and sharing needles, now sharing that's social.

And you conveniently avoided whether or not you had any sort of actual experience-related knowledge to these drugs.

Didn't avoid just neglected.

Yes.
By kuros_taken
So then what's your beef with legalizing marijuana?
By Douglas
Solely marijuana? Because it's a selfish crusade and pretending that it's for some kind of justice is a lie.

Also just because I did it doesn't mean I think it should be legal.
By kuros_taken
Selfish crusade? Your wordplay is amusing but it holds no clout with anybody who advocates the legality of marijuana. Just because I/we have chosen one drug (the only illegal one I do) as opposed to every singe one regardless of whether or not we partake and calling it a selfish crusade; to not acknowledge that we may have our own views of those other drugs, is rather stupid. If you really want an all or none legality on drugs, good for you. But I don't. I have seen what other drugs can do to people, marijuana is not comparable. So stop equating the 'crusade' to legalize pot as a necessitator to an equal stance on all incomparable drugs. It's foolish.
By Douglas
Just because I/we have chosen one drug (the only illegal one I do) as opposed to every singe one regardless of whether or not we partake and calling it a selfish crusade

Not every drug. But why marijuana? There are other drugs out there, less dangerous yet still illegal that don't get such a movement. The movement is not filled with people wanting intellectual debate, evidence or justice it is filled with pot smokers seeking a way to evade the current law. It's like Ted Bundy wanting murder legalized.
By MB.
get out of my thread douglas
By Dave
MB. wrote:6) Marijuana growth and consumption is culturally significant to many ethnicities and religions for meditation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these ethnicities and religions suck?

I agree with all your other arguments.
By MB.
Can u elaborate as to how they suck?
By kuros_taken
Why marijuana? Because I support and enjoy it, duh. I feel that the regulations passed upon it are illogical and falsified to promote a now long passed anti-immigrant agenda. You don't see Christians crusading to protect the rights of Buddhists. Instead you see Christians crusading to protect the rights of Christians, because that is their practice.

Douglas wrote:There are other drugs out there, less dangerous yet still illegal that don't get such a movement.

You are basing all of your assumptions on the incorrect idea that we all have the same views on the same drugs. Those drugs that don't get movements are just not as popular, and that's all.

Douglas wrote:The movement is not filled with people wanting intellectual debate, evidence or justice

The very same can be said of the anti-marijuana, anti-drugs movement. Have you seen those ridiculous ads?

Douglas wrote:It's like Ted Bundy wanting murder legalized.

Yeah. I want murder legalized too... :roll:
By Douglas
Yeah. I want murder legalized too...

Didn't claim you did.

You're just another criminal wanting his particular crime legalized for convenience.

You are basing all of your assumptions that we should all have the same views on the same drugs.

No it's saying that your views on drugs should not be based upon their convenience for you.

You don't see Christians crusading to protect the rights of Buddhists.

Actually you do, they are nice like that, love thy neighbour and that other stuff.

Marijuana is not in anyway special it's just another drug in a long list, it takes no special part on that list. The only remarkable thing about it is it's popularity but is that a reason to legalize something?

get out of my thread douglas

I shall consider this request.
By kuros_taken
Alright, Douglas, you clearly just don't like marijuana. Why should it not be legal? Since I clearly can't convince you that I am not a criminal smoking the evil weed (because for some strange reason I am a criminal for something that involves me only, not you in any sense), and don't only want it legalized out of sheer convenience and to be cool, why NOT legalize it? Please share, what is your logic against marijuana, and why do you support other drugs more?
By Douglas
Alright, Douglas, you clearly just don't like marijuana

Actually that's not true.

I just happen to believe in a logical system behind drug classification and that logic certainly does not put marijuana at the top of the "drugs to legalize" list.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I believe all drugs should be legalized besides meth and PCP (because people have more aggressive behavior on those drugs.)

What say you of that, douglar? :p

By the way, nice thread MB.
By Douglas
Well people have more aggressive behaviour on many drugs. Some drunks aren't too pleasant.

What is with calling me douglar?
By kuros_taken
Please enlighten me with your drug classification system.
By Erebus
I stand behind this 100%.
But there are indeed, like Dave mentioned, other political issues that need voting.

What gene makes people into "woke pussies&qu[…]

Even if Israel eliminates Hamas, it will be a Pyrr[…]

Trump will first cleanse the state appartus and re[…]

How do you stop social media, @QatzelOk ?