Grassroots Appeal - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By grassroots1
Great, thanks for your feedback Oleh. I ask for constructive criticism and get complete disrespect.

Edit: I didn't want to respond to this bullshit because I didn't want to stifly all discussion. If anyone has any feedback, please provide it.
By CounterChaos
The top 25 American hedge fund managers earn an average of $1bn per annum. Their total salary could pay for 658,000 teachers earning $38,000 per annum, and educate 13 million children. But, of course, the hedge fund managers would prefer to keep the money for themselves. Of what possible interest is the education of 13 million children to them? “I’m all right – so screw the whole world!” is their mantra. Isn’t it time America turned round to them and said, “No, screw you,” and took all their money away from them? It's not as if hedge fund managers actually do anything productive. They are speculators and parasites who destabilize the world economy. What kind of economic system is it that allows these people to flourish and be celebrated? – it is an economy of the damned, an Evil Empire of unrestrained greed and selfishness, the economic system of a mental asylum. Think about it: 13 million educated children or 25 billionaire speculators; a meritocracy or capitalism? You choose. ~H L Mencken~

You see a pattern here?...It is a sign of the times my friend. More and more and more of good thing. Complements of those in the Progressive Era and their utilization of an evolutionary survival tactic, in their formation of modern economic ideology.
By Melodramatic
Sir grassroots, firstly I must give you a thumbs up for this fine piece:up:

The two issues I had with it: the "drink, smoke, fuck, and sleep" and the piranhas (A powerful statement, but one that needs to be said not wrote), I see you already noted.

I am assuming it is intended for the students? perhaps you should have given he last paragraph more meat. A big intro deserves some more words.

Second I must urge you to use it, and more-so to start actively implementing what it says. Start talking to people and calling them to action (as in organization). The potential of students is, possibly intentionally, wasted, but it still exists and it can run as a wild fire if it gets set aflame ;) .
By U184
It suggests a need and a cause...just no solution other than grouping together. I spent a several years at UC Davis near Sacramento California. They have a particularly strong and politically active Student Union.

Since your particular issue is, or soon will be a National problem, might I suggest banding with other competent SU's. You might also want to identify the political representatives in each state that support your cause and try to involve them in one way or another.

Lastly, most UC's are very capable of rasing its own funds and there are many avenues for this, from student activities to alumni donations, etc. The real cash flow though is ticket sales to sporting events and the cash that can be made from specific research and other professional type contracts.

Getting the SU intimately involved with how that money is generated and where it goes, would be good for all students in these troubled times.

Time to step up and take control, hold the reins and be active.

~KF

What pisses me off is not your whiteness (?) or y[…]

Support for terrorism keeps flooding media coverag[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Horrifying footage from Volchansk Bodies of civi[…]

Israel doesn't have hostages. They overall have[…]