party corruption - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SWilson
I would describe myself as an independent most aligned with libertarian ideals. Never again will I make the mistake of identifying with a political movement. The major reason being that all institutions are eventually infiltrated by some degree of corruption. This is one of many fundamental flaws in politics.

Rate of corruption is directly proportional to size. The larger the institution, the more people its leader(s) control(s). The more people its leadership controls, the more influence it has. And the more influence a leadership body has, the more susceptible it is to being corrupted by its own power.

For this reason, I personally feel that pledging support to any political party is only adding to the problem.

Any thoughts?
By republicuk
You make some valid points but I don't think you should avoid supporting something that you believe in and that seems honest because of the unavoidable possibility of corruption, nor should you necessarily jump ship if corruption is exposed.
By mikema63
An individual within a movement has very little actual power, even if he were to become president, and his time limit is very short.

An organized movement has much wider power and can work for decades or even generations, corruption will happen in any human group, but only a large organization will every really change things or even create the conditions necessary to make somebody a president someday.

If everyone were to wait until the right guy came along then that right guy will never have the opportunity or ability to actually get where he needs to be.

Gary Johnson needed a large organization to been even a single ballot.
By bigbabybowser
I understand your pain. I also find the idea of political parties leaves a lot to be desired for. However, virtually everyone on the ballot subscribes to some party or another. I accept that a political party is really just a community putting forth their own agenda through collective measures. I see this as part of our freedom of speach/peaceful assembly. I just wish that donations are non-private.
why should political donations, or ANY sort of voluntary financial transaction, be forced to be public? Or be limited in any way?

@FiveofSwords , how do you think we should handl[…]

Really? "From the river to the sea...."[…]

The billboards that you pass in your car every da[…]

Biden is right in demanding an evacuation plan for[…]