Selling libertarians on worker owned companies - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I understand about restricting shares to workers to ensure control remains internal.

But are cooperatives not allowed to borrow money from non-workers?
I propose cooperatives having one million dollars per worker with no debt or obligations to anyone. Let's not focus on how they get those dollars. Also, we should define a cooperative as having that additional balance surplus in its capital structure, to ensure prosperity for all. Inappropriately capitalized firms would be made illegal. This system cannot fail.
ronimacarroni wrote:Baff if the cooperative sold bonds to private investors then I doubt it was a cooperative to begin with.
Only workers are allowed to own bonds or shares in a cooperative.

The co-op bank has bondholders.

Every depositor is also considered to be a member of the co-operative. Their private investment buys them in.

Co-ops typically recognise the investors as contributive members of the team. Only anti-capitalists do not.

Not sure about what genocide you're referring to, […]

Not all classification of living organisms is arb[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Pu[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]