Libertarian Monarchism - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
taxizen wrote:I'd be happy to oblige you, though perhaps I am now not so much a libertarian monarchist but more of an absolute monarchist. In practice an absolute monarchy could very easily be highly libertarian, more so than a democracy ever could be, although the reigning principle is completely different.

Is there anything in particular you would like described?

Well, I'm wondering if you would set limits to technological development in any society you envision, once an absolute monarch comes to power? Groups like the Amish and others have done so quite well, in a manner that provides an unchanging equilibrium to their traditional societies.

Although, considering the scale of the collapse you and I both see coming, a limit to technology might not be a problem anyway.
annatar1914 wrote:Well, I'm wondering if you would set limits to technological development in any society you envision, once an absolute monarch comes to power? Groups like the Amish and others have done so quite well, in a manner that provides an unchanging equilibrium to their traditional societies.

Although, considering the scale of the collapse you and I both see coming, a limit to technology might not be a problem anyway.

I wouldn't attempt to stifle innovation, indeed I would rather patronise it. It was something of a tradition for lords and monarchs to provide a modest living for men of letters and science whom otherwise would struggle to scratch a living and I think that is a good tradition. That said with some technology development, as with any human activity, there is some possibility that there might be some socially disruptive effects which should be constrained by law.

Every single Muslim nation in the middle east is […]

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/6/text-of-t[…]

Or maybe it's an inanity because commercial media […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Rancid There are numerous ways this is being[…]