Three Days of the Condor ahead of its time? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Many on the internet look for signs and coincidences in movies, TV shows and other media that point to government plots and other conspiracies. Curiously, this was much the same role played by analysts at a CIA station office in the 1975 movie Three Days of the Condor.

Joe Turner (Robert Redford): Listen. I work for the CIA. I am not a spy. I just read books! We read everything that's published in the world. And we... we feed the plots - dirty tricks, codes - into a computer, and the computer checks against actual CIA plans and operations. I look for leaks, I look for new ideas... We read adventures and novels and journals.

In that pre-Internet era, these fictional agents served as human “search engines” engaged in a primitive form of “data mining.”

(Spoiler alert)

Turner learns that his analysis of a novel uncovered a secret plan to take over Middle Eastern oil fields, setting in motion the deaths of his station's members. Of course, it’s only fiction. Or should today’s conspiracy theorists be concerned that their internet searches for “forbidden knowledge” will be traced back to them, with fatal results?
Robert Urbanek wrote: Or should today’s conspiracy theorists be concerned that their internet searches for “forbidden knowledge” will be traced back to them, with fatal results?

The only thing that will get you killed is possessing authentic verifiable highly sensitive material, the cryptocracy doesn't give a fuck about conspiritard conjecture. Maybe if you were consistently getting predictions right all the way down to the details they might black-bag you and interrogate you to find out who your source is but I doubt that's ever happened in the real world.

If you can tell a US dollar bill from a Canadian […]

They're …..terrorists use. I am not going to a[…]

wat0n , I think I found a quote that might help b[…]

It actually would be good for Europe because th[…]