The Aspers contribution to racism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Asper family own the largest newspaper chain in Canada, CanWest Global Media. This chain represents one half of the newspapers that Canadians read every day.

And they are Jewish Zionists.

Here is my issue with these guys. They use their newspaper chain as a tool to create widespread hatred and fear of a particular religious group.

And they fund Holocaust Memorials.

So on the one hand, they want us to remember all the pain and horror that racism and war caused. But on the other, they want us to hate Moslems and go kill them because that would be advantageous to their particular national cause.

These fingers aren't my fingers
These hands are not my hands
No one sees and no one cares
What gets broken
Not for rhyme and not for reason
What gets broken
What gets broken
Going far, Getting nowhere
Going far, The way you are

Tears for Fears, "The Way You Are"
By NYYS
The belief that [group] is intentionally trying to [conspiracy] is ridiculous, you have nothing to back that up other than that picture of [picture].
By QatzelOk
No, I've been reading some of their newspapers for years - The Montreal Gazette and the National Post. They are both rightwing Islamaphobic garbage.

The day the US bombed Baghdad in 2003, they ran a beautiful photo with "Shock and Awe" in gorgeous gold type.

The next day, they ran a "day in the life of an Israeli soldier" article, just to give Montrealers an idea how the "good guys" are making out.

Holocaust Memorials and Islamaphobia. What a lovely combination for a major media chain - where the "truth" comes from.
By Lightman
Oh, yes, the lovely Middle Eastern Muslims who bomb our towers and destroy embassies over a friggin cartoon. I am so not afraid of them. To talk ill of these great individuals is to spread hate and Islamophobia! Now stop those evil Zionist JEWS from insulting these great men! :roll:
By TallDark&Handsome
Last I heard Islam is not a race, so "Islamophobia" is not, by definition, racism.

Additionally a phobia is, by definition, irrational. It's not irrational to fear people (in this case, the mainstream of a religion) that publicly tolerate and in some cases advocate the killing of one's people.

What you show us is an example of, at the very worst, gross hyperbole. There is nothing intrinsically anti-anything about it.

And finally, from what I understand, there is actually some truth in that story. Wasn't it the Muslims who first pioneered the concept of badging Jews in order to facilitate their exclusion and/or extermination from their society?
By Ideational Ontarian
You better watch out or the AFDS might be coming through your window tonight. Seriously, don't think an ocean can stop them.
By QatzelOk
Last I heard Islam is not a race, so "Islamophobia" is not, by definition, racism.

There are no races at all. And is it alright to hate people on the basis of their religion? Is that why you rushed in to correct my improper use of the word "racism?"

It's not irrational to fear people

I'm sure the Pentagon will appreciate your defense of "fear itself."

Lightman wrote:the lovely Middle Eastern Muslims who bomb our towers and destroy embassies over a friggin cartoon

The Aspers would be so happy you believe that the WTC and the embassy bombings of the last few decades were "about a cartoon." This is the kind of ignorance they are trying to manufacture.

My question is, why do they also build Holocaust Memorials? What do they want us to remember? That Jewish people are always the victims, or how easy it is for modern media to quickly create mass hysteria and racism?
By Lightman
Yes, it was about a cartoon that potrayed the Prophet Muhammad, which is a crime against Islam, and they started blowing up embassies of COUNTRIES WHO DIDN'T SHOW THESE CARTOONS! Since when have we seen Jews or Christians, or Buddhists or Hindus, doing this?
By QatzelOk
Lightman, no offence intended, but I think people like yourself would be better served by an American Hegemony Memorial. Then you might understand that that sophomoric blasphemy of the cartoon fiasco was nothing compared to the murderous atrocities of the West in Arab and Moslem countries over the last few centuries.

The US sanctions against Iraq killed hundreds of thousands of children. And the US population roared its approval in the polls.
By TallDark&Handsome
There are no races at all.

This is empirically untrue.

And is it alright to hate people on the basis of their religion?

(A) Don't you?

(B) As I pointed out also in that response, it has nothing to do with hate.

Is that why you rushed in to correct my improper use of the word "racism?"

I rushed to correct your use of the word "racism" because you've demonstrated that it is a buzzword absolutely devoid of meaning - in this case you've used it in reference to non-hatred of a non-racial group of people.

I'm sure the Pentagon will appreciate your defense of "fear itself."

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
By Lightman
For the record, I think being in Iraq is stupidity.

Does that mean all the Middle Eastern states are great? Hell no! The Saudis are oppressive bastards who would execute you for your "compulsary homosexuality" crap, the Iranians are nuts, etc.

Go to the Middle East, and see how these "victims of western oppression" react to you.
By QatzelOk
Lightman wrote:Go to the Middle East, and see how these "victims of western oppression" react to you.

You don't have to go that far to see how badly Arabic people have been treated by our media.

They often watch the same programmes as you do. Only, they can see the distortions more clearly because it is their own identity which is being misrepresented.

The Aspers are guilty of the same kind of religious smearing that Goebels apparently was.

I say "apparently" because, with a lying media, what exactly can you believe about news and world events?
By red tori
The Aspers, like most media owners in liberal countries, tend to take a very hands-off approach when it comes to content. The power is in the hands of the editors. Izzy Asper has been known to pen a pro-Israel editorial once in a while, but so what? This is hardly tantamount to pushing an agenda. The National Post has represented a wide variety of political viewpoints.
By QatzelOk
red tori wrote:The Aspers, like most media owners in liberal countries, tend to take a very hands-off approach when it comes to content.

A major media outlet that the Aspers don't own wrote:There's a new national newspaper award. It's called getting fired for disagreeing with the Aspers, the family that owns Southam newspapers and Global TV.

http://www.cbc.ca/national/rex/rex20020618.html
By QatzelOk
Hockey nights in Kandahar
Ottawa, Buffalo playoff series has troops up early

Tom Blackwell, National Post
Published: Monday, May 14, 2007

KANDAHAR - Dozens of Canadian troops stationed in the Afghan desert roused themselves in the middle of the night this week for some high-priority missions.

They weren't heading out to hunt Taliban or befriend local villagers and tribal leaders. That could wait.

They were up as early as 3:30 a.m. for Hockey Night in Canada and the Ottawa-Buffalo playoff series, beamed half-way around the world to this sprawling military base...

Source

The Aspers are Canada's biggest fans of wars against Moslems. In the above article from today, they recount the zany antics of those resolutely Canadian soldiers who have been sent by the US/Isreal alliance to protect their interests.

The Aspers see themselves as the proud colonists of Canadian white trash.
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I am not sure he is coming. He ne[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]