Urban Jungles - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SirBateman
The places in which we live have a great effect upon our sense of comfort, happiness, and the general ease of living. There are some who live suburban "communities," which are akin to isolationist fortresses, folks who love in housing co-ops (my personal favorite), and everything in between. What is the, or what should the goal be in any city or town, in terms of urbanization, rural preservation, and the benefits, drawbacks and sacrifices made to the community, environment, and world?

Just a normal, Monday evening question for the PF "community."

-SirBateman
By Ocker
Are you talking from a say...Mayors point of view?
I would think recreation, recycling and community safety? :roll:
By FCP
Urbanization? Densify, densify, densify. If the market allows it, the goal should be to densify existing urban areas, as opposed to paving acres and acres of rural land with strip malls and revolting detached, cookie cutter, auto-centric housing. If it doesn't happen due to market demand -- as in many cities where "suburban utopia" is pursued, then there needs to be incentives provided.

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]