looking for gun, please help! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By U184
I am looking for a pump action Long Rifle. I have a remington572 .22 and a 7600 .308 I WANT a 9mm or even a nice large caliber round would be nice! just any and all pump action Long Rifles is what I'm looking for so if you know em then PLEASE let me know!!
By mburmei1
Do you mean bolt action or pump action?

A pretty good gun you might want with a little bit of history is the 1944 Russian M44 Carbine. Operational relics from WWII, never fired, mint condition and uses 7.62x54r.

I have one and it's a beautiful gun, the retractable bayonet gives it a very aggressive look as well. I can post a picture up in a second.

Here we go:
Last edited by mburmei1 on 30 Jan 2009 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
By U184
pump action. I was going to buy a SKS but the new laws Obama is pushing will not allow for owning those kind of guns nor will I be able to buy the ammo.

The pump action allows it to skim under all the new laws in regards to semi automatics.
By U184
I'd have to look them up for the exact lettering. In a nut shell he wants all assault guns banned. All current guns turned in, that may or may not go through but a ban on all future sales and no more shipments to the USA, not even ammo for those types of guns.

Obama is also pushing for the ban of all semi autos but that SHOULD not fly, who knows though. He also wants to put seriel codes on all ammo sales and apply the same restrictions on ammo sales as guns have.

Im waiting for Obama to ok door to door collections before I run to the hills though. ;)
By PBVBROOK
Don't sweat your guns. If you want an assault rifle you will still be able to have one.

I want to know for what you want such a weapon. Surly not for defense. If you are looking for a gun for self defense in your home you could not do much worse than either of the guns you mention. A shotgun would be perfect, a pistol a bit less so.

If you are lathered up by some post-apocalyptic need for protection, the two types of firearms you mention would be poor choices as well.

Talk to soldiers. I carried a variety of these doo-dads around for a few years and can tell you they are not what any reasonable citizen who wants protection would choose. They are toys for GI-wannabees. No practical use at all except in the hands of trained soldiers or police and in the company of complimentary weapons.

Consider. One well camouflaged shooter with a long gun and a scope could pin down a whole platoon of AR-15 carrying toy soldiers in open terrain.

If you are worried how to survive when the wheels fall off here is how. Find a big city and go there. Or join the Army and we will teach you how to be a real bad-ass and not some civilian trying to buy a game.
By ingliz
For home defense I would recommend a Saiga 12 semi auto tactical shotgun based on the AK with a 12 round detachable magazine. It's designed to take magnum loads or slugs

By Mazhi
For defense on the streets, I would recommend:

By supri q
No no no Mazhi, completely ineffective against burglars and rapist that come into your home at night.
I would recommend fusion and thermonuclear bombs. They are both effective and perfectly legal. After all, it is not only the right but also the duty of every american citizen to be armed to the teeth at all times as a means to be able to exercise power against the state, but which is inherent to the people!
By U184
PEBROOK If you are worried how to survive when the wheels fall off here is how. Find a big city and go there. Or join the Army and we will teach you how to be a real bad-ass and not some civilian trying to buy a game.

PEBROOK, the game it seems comes from you. You assume to much. No not for when the walls come down. When that happens there are MANY ways to kill soldiers and there will be all the weapons and ammo one would need on the ground after the smoke clears.

You don't want to be in a big city in America when the shit comes down, they will be death traps, gangs, stupid people, those turning cannibal and disease just to name a few.

I have done my share of blood letting and somehow avoided the whole "better then you attitude" try asking a question and wait for an response then pounce if you need to, you seem the fool when you do it the other way around.

I like these type of guns. I have no need to compensate for anything I just like the feel of pump action guns.

Also as for home defense there are few things in the world more known and feared then the sound of a pump action firearm loading a round. The sound alone is enough to stop almost any would be evil doer. ;)
By Kon
Also as for home defense there are few things in the world more known and feared then the sound of a pump action firearm loading a round. The sound alone is enough to stop almost any would be evil doer

Or help any "evil doer" who knows how to count clicking sounds.
By Rancid
Excuse the ignorance, but rifles come as pump action?

Don't sweat your guns. If you want an assault rifle you will still be able to have one.

Obama is going to push the AWB again.
By U184
yes. They never made it as big as the lever action but they are out there.
By Rancid
oh ok, well i'm aware of level actions. those arne't very common right? I mean, every time i see a leveler action, it's always some old Winchester that was used in the wild west.
By U184
They come new also both the lever action and the pump. I like them because when you are forced to chamber a round you aim better because you must re-aim. It becomes a learned response.
Last edited by U184 on 30 Jan 2009 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
By Demosthenes
The problem with SKS's isn't availablity, you can get Norincos at any respectable gun show. Russian variety are also relatively plentiful, at least in my area. The problem is getting the Yugo, I searched all last summer and couldn't find one. Your paranoia about Obama has yet to be founded. SKS's WERE NOT part of the previous ban because they fell under the "relic" exemption. Since you are in my neck of the woods, relatively speaking, I would expect similar availablity for you. Perhaps better since IIRC you are closer to St. Louis.

You'll never get one for under $100 nowadays though. Norincos are usually at least $200, and the Russian variety is about $300. An SKS is fine weapon, and the 51X39mm round isn't that hard to get. My Wal-Mart sells it... cheap.
By U184
PPL all around here have other ideas, it is hard to find ANY sks and is starting to be that way for all semi auto LR's.

so upset at me for not wanting white people to n[…]

Note that my argument does not centre around not[…]

In order for me to believe someone is being sarca[…]

This morning, International Criminal Court Prosec[…]