Allied war-time trade with the Axis - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Shade2
As practice proves, the "common knowlege" in Poland is very selective.

No, not really, we just view our history quite critically and histography doesn't rely on communist era propagandic resources. I realise situation in Russia is different and much of the propaganda is still present in history there.
By Recusant
imagicnation

It's a bit like how the Brit's and Americans were selling ingredients for Iraq's nerve gas that they used on the Kurd's, meanwhile refusing to trade Iraq basic medicine on the grounds it could be used for terrorist activities.

Not at the same time as far as i know.

Foreign policy changes all the time (i'm not condoning it).
By Gletkin
Shade2 wrote:Basically it says that communists and leftists refugees from Germany and Austria that lived in Soviet Union were handed over in Brest in 1940.

All of them? Or even the majority of them? Doubtful. You seem to be implying that this was a standard universal practice, that each and every Jewish and ethnic German Communist was to be turned over to the Nazis. Markus Wolf was a Jewish German Communist refugee in the USSR and he certainly wasn't handed over to the Nazis! And where did all those members of the "National Committee for a Free Germany" come from then? Pawel Finder was a Jewish Polish Communist who lived in Soviet-occupied Poland. Was he turned over to the Nazis?
For that matter, the USA turned away a shipful of Jewish refugees and they ended up right back in the clutches of the Third Reich.
Shade2 wrote:I don't recall Poles handing over Soviet agents of AL to Gestapo.

But they did hand Jews over to the Gestapo. In his book "Fighting Back" a Polish Jew named Harold D. Werner recounted anti-Semitic pogroms and alliances with German troops by units of the AK against the AL.
By Shade2
In his book "Fighting Back" a Polish Jew named Harold D. Werner recounted anti-Semitic pogroms and alliances with German troops by units of the AK against the AL.

Is he the same Harold Werner who is reported to be a communist officer of Soviet imposed Urząd Bezbieczeństwa responsible for implementing Stalinist regime in Poland(to be precise in ŁÃ³dż and Lublin) in 1945-1946 ?

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]