Should Hitler have been tried? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hitler became leader of Nazi Party in 1921 when Nazi party membership was less than 4000.

Hmmm.... I had recalled he took power in the mid-1920s. My mistake.

I know what Germany was like in inter war era and it surely wasn't a world power at that time in the sense that it couldn't affect any country's any policy, domestic or foreign.

Neither can Russia. Doesn't make it not a major power.
Neither can Russia. Doesn't make it not a major power.

Yes, she can. Remember Georgia, then there is Belorussia and other central Asian countries, Ukraine and presence of Russian fleet there. Not to forget about SCO and the dependence of European countries on Russian natural gas. She very much possess the power to influence countries on her peripheral. Now, compare that to Germany of inter war era.
fuser wrote:Mussolini was the leader too, and he was hanged in street like dogs and still didn't achieved the martyr status.

As a side note amongst some groups that fact that Mussolini was hanged in this fashion has been treated as a form fo martyrdom. I've read a few tracts going on about how Mussolini was killed by Communists partisans without a trial, debating who really killed him etc. A look at his grave and the way it draws pilgrimages from neo-Fascists reinforce this.

Perhaps something to consider about martyrdom is it's something done by the survivors rather than the dead, and it's generally for political purposes... so perhaps there is no way to avoid martyrdom as a political rallying point? Summary execution prompts complaints this is unfair. Trials draw claims they are biased (see for example Milosevic at the Hague and all the whinging about that). Imprisonment doesn't seem to take the gas out of it either (Hess wasn't much to look up to, but he was a good focal point for neo-Nazis).

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have sai[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]