The Argument in Favor of the Atomic Bomb usage in Japan - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By QatzelOk
they did to us before that!

The Japanese dropped radiation bombs on two American cities? Which ones?

Or did they (the evil ones) stick to military targets?
By RatedKing
The Japanese dropped radiation bombs on two American cities? Which ones?

Or did they (the evil ones) stick to military targets?

There, you see the concept that you display that in war someone is a victim and everyone else is just evil! The atom bomb usage was bad, but japanese fighters also fired over the soldiers who had jumped of the ships, (which means they were innocent) and over the people on the streets, (even more innocent) they didn´t killed has many innocent american people, because they had to spent all week killing people, but if it wasn´t for that they would, you canadian fool!
By secator553
The place of the US is shameful enough in the end of WWII, these bombings and the bombing of Dresden should be condemned as a war crime
By El Gilroy
There, you see the concept that you display that in war someone is a victim and everyone else is just evil! The atom bomb usage was bad, but japanese fighters also fired over the soldiers who had jumped of the ships, (which means they were innocent) and over the people on the streets, (even more innocent) they didn´t killed has many innocent american people, because they had to spent all week killing people, but if it wasn´t for that they would, you canadian fool!

"Sure, I killed his kids with a tire iron, but he scratched my car first!"
By pugsville
The reference to japanase firing at civilians in the streets I take it is in regards to pearl harbour? I think this has debunked, the japs had a very limited time over the target, and the causalities were caused by stray american Anti Aircraft fire. Sure the japanase were brutal and commited many acts against unarmed civilians but not I think this one (almost everything that happened at pearl harbouse has been analysed to death). I have heard repeatedly that it was german policy to straff fleeing civilians during the blitzkrieg but I havent seen a serious anaylsis of it (I'm thinking its most likely true, but I havent read or susbstanial evidence about it). Just becuase one group or militrary force has many confirm brutal incidents with civilians one should not allow ALL claims without looking at it.

I'm sure the japanse forces committed vast nu,bers of acts against civilians mostly in china.
By shiglett
Trying to justify the dropping of the two A-bombs is like trying to justify the war in Iraq. It just can't be done it's as simple as that.
By Suska
I dunno anyone who thinks it was a good thing, some people think it was necessary, others don't, its history now. You wanna tackle something big try and convince the executive branch that the only people trying to kill us are people they've been poking with a sharp stick on account of being stupid and feeding on prejudice.
By RatedKing
Look everybody youre all getting me completely wrong i think the atom bomb usage was wrong, even bet~ter it was awful altought i don´t admitt it has a war crime because i consider it necessary but never mind and that car scratch remark is stupid once that the only reason the japanese didn´t kill has many innocent americans as we did because they didn´t have an atom bomb (fortunately).
By El Gilroy
RatedKing wrote:Look everybody youre all getting me completely wrong i think the atom bomb usage was wrong, even bet~ter it was awful altought i don´t admitt it has a war crime because i consider it necessary but never mind and that car scratch remark is stupid once that the only reason the japanese didn´t kill has many innocent americans as we did because they didn´t have an atom bomb (fortunately).

Wot?
Try again.

Ah, you can't, account suspended. Bummer.
By SecretSquirrel
It is not possible to justify or rationalise using atomic weapons against human beings, especially civilians.
By Suska
It is not possible to justify or rationalise
In my view that's the easy part, the hard part being having to live with yourself and this is the largest purpose of specialization. Spread that shit around...

I respect the hustle. But when it comes to FAFSA […]

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]