von Kluge's reaction to the July Plot - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This is a bit of a "what if" senario question... I'm currently reading The German Generals Talk by B. H. Liddell Hart, and in the section that covers the reaction of the German Headquarters in the West in the aftermath of the failed plot to assassination Hitler, I came across this interesting indecent that was recounted by Blumentritt, who was Chief of Staff of OB West under Field Marshal von Kluge at the time.
Clearly from this, we can see that von Kluge would have taken action to stop the launching of V1's, followed by attempting to contact the allied commanders had the plot been successful.

I wonder, what would have happened next had the plot been successful and von Kluge stopped the V1's and contacted the Western Allies - certainly the Russians would not have been all too appreciative - or maybe they would have been?
By Smilin' Dave
Quick post
- I think it would be awkward to say the least for the western allies to 'ditch' the Soviet Union
- It could be strategically more awkward still if the Soviets still won and didn't have to worry about a counter-balance in the west afterwards
- Surrendering in 1944 would probably feel to the victors a large scale version of troops who surrender after using up all their ammunition and getting a lot of people killed to prolong the inevitable
- I suspect the western allies would still insist on pretty stern conditions, which I suspect the Germans wouldn't accept the second time around

@noemon I trust Biden with my country, but I […]

@Pants-of-dog the tweets address official statem[…]

No dummy, my source is Hans Rosling. https://en.[…]

@Potemkin wrote: You are mistaken about this. […]