WWII strategy books - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Locke II
Can anybody recommend any for me? I read ROmmel & his art of war, and am looking for others
By Doomhammer
You can read the treatises on armored warfare by Guderian as well as by De Gaulle.

For a more general read on strategy that encompasses various historical periods, but has some really good chapters on WWII, try the updated version of Edward Mead Earl's 1943 book: "Makers of Modern Strategy from Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age" (1986).

Edit: The best idea is to read manuals and research papers published by various military research institutions and military archives. If my endorsement is of any value, I found these to be extremely useful. I wrote short papers on Operation August Storm and on the Caucuses Front in WWI, benefiting from the Combined Arms Center in Kansas and material from the Turkish General Staff archives respectively.
By fuser
Not specifically ww2 but start with Von Clausewitz "on war" for general warfare strategy, I think its available at Gutenberg for free.

Then for ww2, look for military papers on campaign by campaign basis like "Analysis of Deep Attack Operations, Operation Bagration" by Lieutenant Colonel William M. Connor

In response to both you and @Sherlock Holmes , […]

No. The last time you tried that argument, you tr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Pu[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]