Allied war-time trade with the Axis - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I've heard before about possible trade going on between German and American corporations during World War 2, but I usually assumed it was really minor and insignificant, and that it largely ended after Pearl Harbor.

However, I've ran across this articlewritten by some Jewish left-winger which seems to suggest otherwise.

It seems like the person who wrote that article has done considerable research and has had access to plenty of sources which I don't have and I certainly can't bother trying to check every single one of his facts.

So basically I want to know the opinion of experienced forum members, how much of that article really is true and how much is exagerration or perhaps even conspiracy theory material?
By byosotld
Uhhhh, any reason that you didn't link to the article?

Any reason you didn't discuss what the allegedly traded items were?
By alyster
Yes well everythings is linked. Bolcheviks got the money for the October revolution from German Empire (some say from freemasons) and bolcheviks turned out to be Hitler's worst enemy. Hitler was funded by the US and turned out to be their worst enemy. US funded Binladen and now for the last 5 years he's probably the most wanted man by the US. The scary list is long long and if what you posted turns out to be true then I guess it will just be one small thing to add to the list.

This gives alot to talk about for consipercy theory lovers.
By imagicnation
It's a bit like how the Brit's and Americans were selling ingredients for Iraq's nerve gas that they used on the Kurd's, meanwhile refusing to trade Iraq basic medicine on the grounds it could be used for terrorist activities.
By Thunderhawk
Even in total war, trade usually continues if it was substantial pre-war.

The French and English businessmen traded during their wars, even when Napoleon decreed otherwise.
By kami321
It's just a sort of creepy concpet I think.

German Gestapo recieving funds from Chase bank, drinking Coca Cola bottles, driving in Ford trucks, chatting through ITT telephones, dropping IG bombs on London, and refueling planes with Standard Oil fuel.... and then gassing Jews and Communists.

Of course if they got those things, they obviously didn't get them for free, they had to pay for everything. But still the concept is quite scary.
By Shade2
.... and then gassing Jews and Communists.

Handed over to Gestapo by Soviets.
By Shade2
http://www.iisg.nl/irsh/37-3-bib.php
SCHAFRANEK, HANS. Zwischen NKWD und Gestapo. Die Auslieferung deutscher und osterreichischer Antifaschisten aus der Sowjetunion und Nazideutschland 1937-1941. ISP-Verlag, Frankfurt/M. 1990. 220 pp. DM 29.00.
Dr Schafranek, who formerly published an extensive political biography of Kurt Landau (IRSH, XXXIV (1989), p. 164), in this study traces the fortunes of German and Austrian anti-fascists, who returned to their homes from the Soviet Union in the period 1937- 1941, or rather were handed over to the Nazi dictatorship by the Soviet Government. Also included are over three hundred short biographies and a few relevant documents.

http://www.warsawuprising.com/jankowski1.htm
The Russian deportations and killings started almost immediately. In 1940, there was a meeting in the Polish town Zakopane between the Gestapo and the NKWD to coordinate the killing and the deportation policy of the then allied Germany and Soviet Russia.

http://memorial.kiev.ua/expo/eng/1939.html
A joint training center is created in the Polish city of Zakopane. In March 1940 the staff of the NKVD and the Reich Main Security Office attend a meeting, where these questions are discussed. By summer 1941 the NKVD has handed over to Germany more than 4,000 people, among them families of individuals arrested in the USSR and executed German Communists

And more:
http://www.tau.ac.il/~agass/judith-papers/plea.pdf
Es waren nicht nur diese Schilderung und dieser Vergleich, sondern ihr
Bericht über das schreckliche Schicksal der großen Mehrheit der
ausländischen Kommunisten während der »Großen Säuberung«, und über
ihre eigene Auslieferung in Brest-Litowsk im Februar 1940 durch die NKWD
an die Gestapo, als eine von fast tausend deutschen und östereichischen
kommunistischen und linkssozialistischen Flüchtlingen in der Sowjetunion –
viele von ihnen Juden — im Rahmen des Stalin-Hitler-Pakts, der ihr den
andauernden Hass linientreuer Kommuinisten, besonders in beiden Teilen
Deutschlands, eintrug

Basically it says that communists and leftists refugees from Germany and Austria that lived in Soviet Union were handed over in Brest in 1940.

Of course Soviets cooperated with Nazis well after 1941 also. The Soviet resistance network in Poland after 1941 was ordered to establish cooperation with Polish resistance organisations and then hand them over to Gestapo.
By kami321
Truly interesting info.
The Soviet resistance network in Poland after 1941 was ordered to establish cooperation with Polish resistance organisations and then hand them over to Gestapo.

Does this basically say that they handed over AK members to Gestapo? For all I know, the AK did the same thing to AL.

In any case, source for this?
By Shade2
But was it after or during the parade time the handed over the prisoners?

A long time after.

Here is another picture:
Can anybody translate what it writes?
By Spin
US funded Binladen and now for the last 5 years he's probably the most wanted man by the US

The US never funded him.
By alyster
US should have funded Binladen and his gang during the Soviet Afganistan war...

And people are fools :D First Soviet Russia accepted the harsh peace terms by German Empire in Brest and 19 years later they have a victory parade there together. :p
It's the same like with france and germany: if i'm not harshly mistaking then the cease-fire or a peace treatis of 1870-71 Franco-Prussian war, World War 1 and Nazi Germanies occupation were signed in the same old railway carrige. People don't forget huh :eh:
Last edited by alyster on 05 Jan 2007 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
By Theodore
I think the sign says 'Loing live the liberating workers' and peasants' red army!', but I can't make out the final two words of the third line.

Below it is written ether '3B 3U' or 'ZB ZU'. I don't know what it means.
By Shade2
For all I know, the AK did the same thing to AL.

I don't recall Poles handing over Soviet agents of AL to Gestapo.
In any case, source for this?

It's fairly common knowledge in Poland. More information in

Piot Gontarczyk „Polska Partia Robotnicza. Droga do władzy 1941–1944”.
And IPN sources.
By kami321
First Soviet Russia accepted the harsh peace terms by German Empire in Brest and 19 years later they have a victory parade there together.

It's all for symbolism. "we had brest litovsk, we have it now again".

Piot Gontarczyk „Polska Partia Robotnicza. Droga do władzy 1941–1944”.

Ehhh, anything that I could read without a third party assistance?

don't recall Poles handing over Soviet agents of AL to Gestapo. [...]
It's fairly common knowledge in Poland.

As practice proves, the "common knowlege" in Poland is very selective.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]