So who won the Sino-Indian war of 1962? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Cold war' communist versus capitalist ideological struggle (1946 - 1990) and everything else in the post World War II era (1946 onwards).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
From my knowledge:

China and India dispute over an Himalayan border.

China invades India and captures the disputed territories.

U.S intervention forces China to declare ceasefire diplomatically.

China backs out to how the borders were in 1957.

Result: ?
By Smilin' Dave
I think the standard line is that India (possibly unintentionally) provoked the conflict by placing troops (or possibly just more troops) in one of the disputed areas. China then attacked and wrecked the place, then stops, facing logistical problems and increasing Indian resistance (India now having realised the game is turning serious). China withdrew and stated there wasn't anything wrong with the status quo as such...

I call it a draw, no one really got anything and it didn't resolve anything in the short term.
By Thunderhawk
The war it self, a draw.
However, it did show that China could and would use military force. That China later backed out deminishes their action a bit, but not much.
By Strikeman
But China did invade and capture the disputed areas. So don't they win the war technically by capturing the disputed areas? It was their choice to back out or stay.

I will gladly double down on th[a]t. So after sa[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]