Who coined the "White Power" slogan? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Cold war' communist versus capitalist ideological struggle (1946 - 1990) and everything else in the post World War II era (1946 onwards).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So I've been reading books about the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, and I read that the "White Power" slogan was created as a counter-point to the "Black Power" slogan.

Does anyone here know the phrase's origins?

I'm not certain, but I think that it was either George Lincoln Rockwell or William H. Pierce that first said the term.
As a young East coast New englander not enough pressure has ever been on the civil rights movement growing up, unable to answer your question I have to ask. Are you talking about the klan meetings of controling the southern government countering the panther black is beautiful concept. Or am i completely off base?
Thane wrote:As a young East coast New englander not enough pressure has ever been on the civil rights movement growing up, unable to answer your question I have to ask. Are you talking about the klan meetings of controling the southern government countering the panther black is beautiful concept. Or am i completely off base?

Yes; the "White Power" slogan was created as a counterpoint to the efforts of black nationalist groups. The thinking was "If they're proud to be black, then we're proud to be white!"

I'm heavily inclined to believe that George Lincoln Rockwell was the guy who popularized the phrase, but I'm not sure.

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have sai[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]