Letter to Queen Victoria - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Ixa
Below is an interesting letter to Queen Victoria I found from the leaders of Cameroon.

Dearest Madam,

We your servants have join together and thoughts its better to write you a nice loving letter which will tell you all about our wishes. We wish to have your laws in our towns. We want to have every fashion altered, also we will do according to your Consul's word. Plenty wars here in our country. Plenty murder and plenty idol worshipers. Perhaps these lines of our writing will look to you as an idle tale.

We have spoken to the English consul plenty times about having an English government here. We never have answer from you, so we wish to write you ourselves.

When we heard about the Calabar River, how they have all English laws in their towns and how they have put away all their superstitions; oh, we shall be very glad to be like Calabar now.

We are, etc.
King Acqua
Prince Dido Acqua
Prince Black
Prince Jo Garner
etc.
Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]