Gothia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Aekos
Anyone else think it's fucking amazing that the Goths in Crimea (in Green on the map) survived between the Byzantine Empire (later an Italian colony) and a Khanate for hundreds and hundreds of years after Goths everywhere else had been assimilated.

Last edited by Aekos on 13 Sep 2009 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
By Order
I didn't know that, quite interesting! Thanks for posting it. :)
By pugsville
Hmm Wikipedia (yes I know not always accurate) comes across as one of the confused post 4th crusade states, the langauge was Greek all the Rulers had Byzant names. Dont know how Gothic this state was. The empire fragamentated after the 4th crusade. My favourite is the Catalan duchy of athens after the grand Catalan Company conqoured it, the whole Grand catalan Company is one of thos crzay things history throws up.
By Aekos
Dont know how Gothic this state was.

Considering that Crimean Gothic became extinct around the 18th century we can assume that Gothic was the language of the lower classes and that the nobles were Hellenized Goths.

Verv, what is the message of the Christ? Of the N[…]

Are you saying you are unable to see any obvious […]

Right wingers and capitalists and free marketeers[…]

Indeed, and you know what? Even that isn't a reas[…]