End of 1800's did Norway get help from Russia? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I am currently studying this time at school.
Then I came over some info from an unconfirmed source that I am not sure is correct so I need some help.

It said that Russia allways had good relation ship with Norway and during the union with Sweden, the Russians helped Norway in breaking up with Sweden.
However, since that was a game manual, I am very sceptic to that information if it was correct or not.

I asked the history teacher we have, but he didn't know of anything.
Now I am asking you, since I don't have access to the proper sources I can't know for certain.
This was around 1800's to 1905.
First Don't Bother with the Period of Time You are Looking for.
The searches I'm suggestion will get you to the correct period of time.

If I was trying to get this info on the Net, I would use some mjor search engines and use these words (using either Find ALL, or a Booleon Search)

Russian History is a Huge Subject, so I might try the approach that has to do with the History of Norway, before attempting to find a match on Norway and Russia and that time period.

Also, I wouold pay attention to what Sites came up. Some might be very useful sights on History, and have their own search method and catalog.
In other words, you might find some great sites on History that won't have a match for what you want to find via a search engine like Google or WebCrawler.

Try for:

Norway AND History

That should get to sites with the History of Norway.

Norway has an Abbreviation at the end of its DNS Name,. I think it is:

.nw

You should find a way to verify this with a search engine. Since Norway must have sites on it's own History, alot of stuff will be in English, too!
I've found alot of English stuff at Eoropeon sites. So don't think it's all writtne in a language you can't read!!!

======================
You ABSOLUTELY MUST find a GOOD Historical Site!!!
That's a Must. AND the Site SHOULD HAVE its own Search Engine, too!!!
======================

If you can't find a good site using Norway and History.
Try just:

History

Then copy the urls of a few good sounding sites.
You MUST LOOK FOR A Ssite on History that has ITS OWN Search Engine!!! (What your looking for at site will not be found via a major search engine, so don't bother!!!)

Using the Historical Site's own Search Engine,

===========================
Go to the Topic on the History of Norway!!!!!
===========================

Then make shure your INSIDE the "section" or Subject on the History of Norway!!!!

NOW...

Try EACH of these individual searches to find what you want, using
a Booleon search with the word and, as I use below, or use the search option for: HAVING ALL THESE Words

Important!!!

If you have an option to use an Advanced Internal Browser,
you going to cut down on a tone of unrelated garbage
by using either the appropriate phrase for ANDNOT,
or the corrct aoption for ALL Words, BUT NOT: WWII OR World War II

Do: Look for matches on these combinations, while elimiating WWII!!!

War AND Sweden AND Czar
War AND Russia AND Czar
War AND Czar
War AND Russia
War AND Nicholas

This stuff is going to bring you to the years you are looking for!!
So don;t Worry about the time period unless ALL else fails, and you can think of no other combinations that would place you at that particular time period! The rest should tell you if the site is good enough to meet your demands, or you now need to restart, using a differnt URL of a differnt good Historical Site!!
By treat2
Forget about finding what your looking for, via any major search engine.
You'll find it witn a History Site. If You haven't found a good Site with Norway's History, here are a few tips on finding a Site on History.
Search for:

Historical AND Reference
Historical AND References
History AND Reference
History AND References
History AND Directory
Historical AND Directory
History AND Archive
History AND Archives
Historical AND Archive
Historical AND Archives
Historical
Archives
Directory

I think you'll have found the best stuff under anything that matches Archive. |Archives are usually enourmous. BTW A Last Tipe:

If you've go shitty search engiines that aren't doing anything, I've found MANY great search engines by Searching for:
Search Engines
Search Engine

FTW. BOOKMARK THIOSE SEARCH ENGINES (ADD EN TO YOUR FAVORITES, CREATE A SUB-FOLDER IN YOUR FOVORITES FOR SEARCH ENGINES AND STICK ENM IN THERE. iF YOU HAVE i.e. CREATEING A SUBFOLDER IS THE SELECTION ABAILABLE TO YOU THAT IS JUST BELOW "aDDD fOVORITE" (WHEN YOU DROP DOWN YOU RLIST OF FAVORISTS). afTER YOU ADD A TOME OF fOLDERS. sTICK THE CURSOR ON THE FOLDER. tHEN rIGHT CLICK, SEARCH FOR "sORT bY nAME" ON THE "CONTECT mENU" THAT POPS UP. tHAT WILL SEPARATE YOUR FOLDERS FROM YOUR DIRECT LINKS AND BRING THEM, FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR LINKS TO THE TOP AND PUT THEM IN APHABETTICAL ORDER AS WELL.

GOOD LUCK.
Sweeper wrote:I am currently studying this time at school.
Then I came over some info from an unconfirmed source that I am not sure is correct so I need some help.

It said that Russia allways had good relation ship with Norway and during the union with Sweden, the Russians helped Norway in breaking up with Sweden.
However, since that was a game manual, I am very sceptic to that information if it was correct or not.

I asked the history teacher we have, but he didn't know of anything.
Now I am asking you, since I don't have access to the proper sources I can't know for certain.
This was around 1800's to 1905.

It is wrong to say that Norway always had a good relationship with Russia. During most of the 19th century there was a great fear in Norway that Russia would try to annex the northern parts of the country (Finnmarken). So long this fear existed there was some support for the union with Sweden. In 1905 most great powers advocated a peaceful solution of the union crisis (Sweden should let Norway go). That is probobly the reason why your game manual says that Russia helped Norway.
By Milorg
Örjan wrote:In 1905 most great powers advocated a peaceful solution of the union crisis (Sweden should let Norway go)

And rightfully so, considering that Norway had been offered basically as a peaceoffering from Denmark to Sweden at the end of the Napoleon Wars.
By Erik of NKP
Ofcourse Russia supported Norway's struggle for independence from Sweden! The reason is obvious. Russia and Sweden had been rivals in Northern Europe since at least the 15-1600's, and they were still rivals in 1905. Norway was economicly and strategicly important, and it was in Russias best interest that Sweden lost the area.

@Rancid When the Republicans say the justice […]

:lol: ‘Caracalla’ and ‘Punic’, @FiveofSwords .[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]