Alex Jones, the bright future of the right. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Mokie7
I used to follow Jones until I found that a good 75% of his positions and claims are indefensible and that the only way to continue listening to him was to just shut down your own critical thought and become a sheep, repeating his talking points and NWO claims with no regard to the actual truth. And when anybody attempts to disprove what you say, they fight back with "well, you're just a blind sheep" or "objectivity is subjective" (yes, a good friend of mine actually argued the latter with me... and yes, he's a frequent listener of Jones' program).
By William_H_Dougherty
Vegetarianism is insane, supporting it makes you a nutjob.

Nah, veganism does though.

Many vegetarians will still eat an egg or drink milk.

- WHD
By AmericanPatriot
In its prime, the KKK was a social order for Southern gentlemen/and Christian men all across the US. In its later years, the KKK became the racist organization that it is now known for, and accordingly lost many members/influence over time.
By grypo
AmericanPatriot wrote:In its prime, the KKK was a social order for Southern gentlemen/and Christian men all across the US. In its later years, the KKK became the racist organization that it is now known for, and accordingly lost many members/influence over time.

From what I remember, it started as a vigilante group after the Civil War that opposed reconstruction and tried to reestablish whites as the supreme race with violence. What do you mean by "prime"?
By Dave
The period in which the KKK was an effective paramilitary/terrorist organization defending the Southern people against the depradations of Federal forces and their allied negroes.
By Northern-Anarchist-X
Just like this is Al Qaeda's prime defending Islamic culture from the horrific West. *sigh*

Same ... ?
By grypo
Dave wrote:The period in which the KKK was an effective paramilitary/terrorist organization defending the Southern people against the depradations of Federal forces and their allied negroes.

So would that be the post Civil War confederates who were taken down by federal law in about 5 years or the Birth of A Nation enthusiasts, of which I admit, were plentiful, but overall much too disjointed to control under its proclaimed ideology? I'm guessing you mean the first? And I'm guessing that AmericanPatriot means the second?
By Potemkin
In its prime, the KKK was a social order for Southern gentlemen/and Christian men all across the US. In its later years, the KKK became the racist organization that it is now known for, and accordingly lost many members/influence over time.

The KKK did indeed start off as a social club for Southern gentlemen just after the Civil War. However, it was always an overtly racist organisation from the outset, and was in effect a loosely-organised terrorist group, carrying out lynchings and the destruction of property on a large scale. The targets of lynching changed over time - initially, most lynching victims of the KKK were prominent whites who supported Abolition, and whom the KKK blamed for the South's defeat in the Civil War. However, as blacks became more politically active and vocal over time, they became the main targets of lynching and intimidation. This may be what leads people to believe that the KKK became 'more racist', whereas in fact it was always racist from the outset.

And the KKK did not lose its influence because it was perceived as becoming more racist. The KKK lost its influence in the 1930s mainly due to public scandals and factional infighting. The trial of D. C. Stephenson was a major turning point.
By Dave
Northern-Anarchist-X wrote:Just like this is Al Qaeda's prime defending Islamic culture from the horrific West. *sigh*

Same ... ?

There is no need to label the West "horrific", but other than that, yes. The West is an aggressive, revisionist power which disrupts Islamic civlization. Al Qaeda is a palingenetic, defensive force attempting to protect the Umma.

grypo wrote:So would that be the post Civil War confederates who were taken down by federal law in about 5 years or the Birth of A Nation enthusiasts, of which I admit, were plentiful, but overall much too disjointed to control under its proclaimed ideology? I'm guessing you mean the first? And I'm guessing that AmericanPatriot means the second?

I mean the first, yes. While that KKK was effectively annihilated by federal authorities, it was basically successful. The federal government realized that to hold the South and bring it back into the Union that it had to be under the control of the Southern people rather than carpetbaggers and freedmen. This paved the way for the redeemer governments and Jim Crowe.

Potemkin wrote:The KKK did indeed start off as a social club for Southern gentlemen just after the Civil War. However, it was always an overtly racist organisation from the outset, and was in effect a loosely-organised terrorist group, carrying out lynchings and the destruction of property on a large scale. The targets of lynching changed over time - initially, most lynching victims of the KKK were prominent whites who supported Abolition, and whom the KKK blamed for the South's defeat in the Civil War. However, as blacks became more politically active and vocal over time, they became the main targets of lynching and intimidation. This may be what leads people to believe that the KKK became 'more racist', whereas in fact it was always racist from the outset.

It should be noted that most lynchings of negroes were not actually committed by the Klan, and that negro lynching began to rapidly subside by the 1880s. By the turn of the century negro lynching had become some kind of bizarre, seldom-practiced cultural institution as blacks by then had learned to keep their heads down.

Potemkin wrote:And the KKK did not lose its influence because it was perceived as becoming more racist. The KKK lost its influence in the 1930s mainly due to public scandals and factional infighting. The trial of D. C. Stephenson was a major turning point.

Another factor to be noted, usually ignored by Klan historians for obvious reasons, was the stunning rise of Jewish power in the United States at that time. This was particularly reflected in the media, which was growing increasingly Jewish in the interwar period. This, in combination with Klan infighting and scandals, led to a surge in anti-Klan sentiment nationally.
By Individual
I think the OP should better define 'right' in his post as Alex Jones isn't someone that supported John McCain who many consider the "right", nor is he a big fan of George Bush, so please give a clearer definition of what you consider the 'right'.

He does support and have a great deal of admiration for Ron Paul from the few times I've caught YouTube vids of him at Campaign for Liberty.
By Groih
Individual wrote:I think the OP should better define 'right' in his post as Alex Jones isn't someone that supported John McCain who many consider the "right", nor is he a big fan of George Bush, so please give a clearer definition of what you consider the 'right'.

He does support and have a great deal of admiration for Ron Paul from the few times I've caught YouTube vids of him at Campaign for Liberty.

So because you don't support two people on the right you are all of a sudden not right wing? I don't support Stalin (though I do respect the industrialization), does that make me not left wing? Of course it doesn't. I may be in line with him economically, however we differ on social issues, as does Alex Jones with Dubya and McCain.

How does it prove genocidal intent again? Also, […]

@Tainari88 There is no guarantee Trump will g[…]

@Potemkin wrote: Popular entertainment panders[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]