Taking back America from the Lib's & Progressives! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SecretSquirrel
Christians are the oldest anarchists, dan. Much of my libertarian philosophy comes directly from my belief in God

You can show a man morality, but you cannot use force to make him adhere to it. You can only use force to prevent him from harming others in his amorality.

In the end, we all stand before God by ourselves. Every man's soul is his own and only God can judge. Not some bureaucrat
By PBVBROOK
^^

That was an excellent post.

Thank you.
By DanDaMan
Christians are the oldest anarchists, dan. Much of my libertarian philosophy comes directly from my belief in God

You can show a man morality, but you cannot use force to make him adhere to it. You can only use force to prevent him from harming others in his amorality.

In the end, we all stand before God by ourselves. Every man's soul is his own and only God can judge. Not some bureaucrat
I probably would have overlooked this post but since PBV agreed with it I knew it was wrong.
What you are talking about is the ACADEMIC position, devoid of reality, that is similar to communism (collectivism) being anarchy.
Both positions are false because society cannot function without someone protecting your property and life so you can move about freely.
That is done through, typically, an elected government.

Christians believe the perfect ruler is God. This is because he is a JUST ruler free of earthly desires..
It does not mean we are somehow perfect and devoid of free will to do as we please and are unable to still commit sin.
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote: Unlike the Penn quote you posted, Glenn can competently pick a best method for society and teach it. (I'm not implying he would enforce it though. That is fascist and not Christian.)

Is it true that he can competently pick a best method for society then teach it? Then why hasn't he done so yet? Is he that immoral?

Ron Paul on the other hand, he already stated the best method for society, and has taught it. Follow your values while allowing others to do the same (and not making them).

Why I do not call myself a Libertarian... True Libertarians seem to place virtue in not condemning bad behavior so they therefore cannot be condemned themselves.

What can I say? We'd much rather lead by example, rather than condemn others bad behaviour all day, then hypocritically go to argentina and commit adultery like the true family values conservatives like Sanford.

They are just Modern Liberals of the right.... incompetent judges of right from wrong and best from worst.

Not incompetent, just not as willing to push our opinions on others.

SecretSquirrel wrote: You can show a man morality, but you cannot use force to make him adhere to it. You can only use force to prevent him from harming others in his amorality.

So true!
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote:I probably would have overlooked this post but since PBV agreed with it I knew it was wrong.

And you preach competent judgement? What a joke. Then you say that it's wrong simply because PBV said it was true. :roll:

Christians believe the perfect ruler is God. This is because he is a JUST ruler free of earthly desires..
It does not mean we are somehow perfect and devoid of free will to do as we please and are unable to still commit sin.

.... so if god is the perfect ruler, then unless the politicians are god, why must they decide your morals and ways of life?
By DanDaMan
DanDaMan wrote:
Unlike the Penn quote you posted, Glenn can competently pick a best method for society and teach it. (I'm not implying he would enforce it though. That is fascist and not Christian.)
Is it true that he can competently pick a best method for society then teach it? Then why hasn't he done so yet?
He is, watch his show!
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote: He is, watch his show!

I wouldn't be talking about him and his show, nor would I have an opinion on it, if I hadn't already at some point watched it. :eh:
By Caveat Lector
DanDaMan wrote:since PBV agreed with it I knew it was wrong.

a.k.a
"Since you are left I know you are wrong."
or
"Since you are right I know you are wrong."
or
"Since you don't agree with me I know you're wrong."
or
"I don't listen to other opinions."
or
"I'm a dictator."

@QatzelOk Mind you, if this is a long-term st[…]

I'm waiting, why is it implausible again? Even you[…]