America's Right Wing is definitely coming unglued - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Plutus Aurelius wrote:America's Right Wing is definitely coming unglued

On a more positive note, I do believe we'll eventually see a resurgence of the American RINO. These moderate conservatives have been pushed to the side during the right wing putsch we're going through now, but the pendulum is still swinging.

Another wingnut is on the hotseat in Arkansas, claiming slavery was good for blacks in the long run, etc. Good grief, what's the hell's wrong with these people???

http://talkbusiness.net/2012/10/hubbard ... ansas-gop/[/quote]

LOLOLOL!!!

You guys would love the wingnut to be the rule… dream on.

Hillary came from Arkansas too … remember? Her strategy of ignoring 12 attacks on the consulate in Benghazi led to a 13th… but hey bet thats your lucky number...
Plutus Aurelius wrote:America's Right Wing is definitely coming unglued
On a more positive note, I do believe we'll eventually see a resurgence of the American RINO. These moderate conservatives have been pushed to the side during the right wing putsch we're going through now, but the pendulum is still swinging.

Another wingnut is on the hotseat in Arkansas, claiming slavery was good for blacks in the long run, etc. Good grief, what's the hell's wrong with these people???

http://talkbusiness.net/2012/10/hubbard ... ansas-gop/

LOLOLOL!!!

You guys would love the wingnut to be the rule… dream on.

Hillary came from Arkansas too … remember? Her strategy of ignoring 12 attacks on the consulate in Benghazi led to a 13th…
… Racial profile didnt seem to matter. So I guess it was ok.
Dave wrote:Slavery was good for blacks in the long run.

Without slavery, they'd still be in Africa. Slavery also resulted in their learning English, nuclear family structure (something they seem to have lost lately), modern agriculture techniques, and good work habits. It's not an exaggeration to say slavery was the best thing that ever happened to black people.

I don't know the statistics but aren't family structures far more stable and supportive amongst Black Americans who are not descendants of slaves over those who are? In fact I thought there was no socio econmic gap between whites and Blacks who are not descended from slaves.
About the criticism of the massive amount of fat hanging off Chris Christie's body, Bill O Rights wrote:You guys got nothin but personal insults. The mojo aint workin anymore.

Well, there is a point to be made from any angle, that Chris Christie is the last person on earth who can come out and talk about 'personal responsibility' while being so overweight.

He is actually a disgusting sight, he's like one of those ancient fictional rulers that we read about as children, the ones that are absolutely huge and fat and symbolic of the accumulation of wealth into the hands of a few people who don't care about their nation.

The sort of ruler who loses the Mandate of Heaven in the middle of a populist rebellion by peasants, shopkeepers and warriors. The sort of ruler who is then is too gluttonous even to commit suicide or even just to step down from power when cornered by them, and so he has to be killed off by one of his own retainers in order to force a transition to a new government for the people.

That's basically the image that Chris Christie summons in my mind. And you can't play the whole 'liberals personally insulting' card with me, since I am not a liberal and this assessment is not liberal.
Rich wrote:I don't know the statistics but aren't family structures far more stable and supportive amongst Black Americans who are not descendants of slaves over those who are? In fact I thought there was no socio econmic gap between whites and Blacks who are not descended from slaves.

There are not many blacks in America who are not descended from slaves, but it is true that black family structures were more stable under slavery than under freedom.
I agree with Rei, and for that reason Chris Christie is not Presidential timber.

Fat people are disgusting, and being fat is a serious moral failing. One of the most disgraceful things about modern America is how disgustingly fat we are.

I am happy to say that none of my friends and family are fat.
ERRRR...ya know many times people are over weight because of low metabolisms.
They simply cannot get thin.
I have a brother like this.
He's not in bad shape over-all, but he has been over-weight all his life because of a slow metabolism.
Perhaps Christie has such...

On the other hand...America...both USA and Canada...has a real obesity issue.
Maybe they're not smart enough to take proper care of themselves.
Maybe someone needs to step in on their behalf and do things like...ban "Big Gulps" and the like.
Someone like...the government...
Honestly, the only people who have a legitimate problem with Christie about his weight are Christie himself and his family and personal friends, and I say that mostly because being obese like that has serious health consequences. It's likely to shorten his life and increase risk for almost everything -- diabetes, cardiovascular disease, several kinds of cancer, high blood pressure, kidney disease, liver disease, on and on.

But how is that causing me, or most people in his state or the country or the world, any problems? It's HIS problem, not OUR problem.

I may criticize a lot of things about the man, but not his weight, not because I don't think it's worthy of criticism for those whose business it is, but just because it's none of mine.
People were saying that the Democratic party was coming unglued back in the early 2000s. When Obama gets re-elected and we have to suffer another 4 years of failure, and the GOP retakes the White House, we'll be once again claiming that it's the Democratic party that doesn't have its act together. It's just one of those cyclical things.

Rainbow Crow wrote:If you were female and Japanese then we would have a Rei replacement

Rei? Why would she need replacing? Did she get banhammered?
Last edited by Elect G-Max on 05 Nov 2012 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Plutus Aurelius wrote:Funny how slowly the political spectrum, and the level of mendacity tolerated by the general public, changes. Why it takes so long to filter out the unbelievable bullsh*t we hear daily/hourly from the reactionaries is way beyond me. I cannot think of any other modern, industrialized nation populated by so many people so determined to stay so ignorant, for no reason other than they're right wing ideologues. Ideology over reality baby, all day long! But now we have Romney running like a rabbit from his MAIN talking point - I'm a great bidnessman!. Make no mistake, this 'where ARE your tax returns, Mr CEO?' tact President Obama is using to bludgeon the lying a-hole is poison. Fatal.

Meanwhile, right wing darling Bachmann is running around accusing Hillary's staff of being 'infiltrated' by the Muslim Brotherhood!

Uncorked, panic stricken, meltdown, just choose any word you'd like to describe this historic dissolution of the reactionary influence in America. These people are poison to our democracy, may they all rot in hell.

Conservatives want to deregulate the market whenever possible, but they also know some degree of government intervention is inevitable. Reactionaries want no regulation at all and they would get rid of OSHA and the EPA. While conservatives would return programs like Food Stamps to states and block grant Medicaid they would keep these functions to help the needy, but reactionaries would not provide any government money for healthcare or nuitritional assistance. Reactionaries see tax credits as subsidies and oppose them unlike conservatives. Conservatives want to prevent change as long as possible while upholding tradition and social order. Reactionaries want to overturn the existing order and return to the past. They are revolutionaries. All of this is a problem for the political right because it makes the Republican Party more extreme and less likely to win elections.

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]

You couldn't make this up

Pro-Israel Recipients Money from Pro-Israe[…]

It's not an inference that Hamas wants to kill be[…]

This is a redux of the 1970 for US automakers - .[…]