Student who went into music had $250,000 student loan forgiven - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
wat0n wrote:We are all burdened, @Tainari88. All the things you mention cost money, and that means the taxpayer foots the bill.

I also don't expect the US taxpayer to pay for my student debt, since I did not take the loan in the US. That is definitely not fair for the US taxpayer given the US taxpayer would not have access to the Chilean banking system to take student loans.

For the other things you mentioned? I'm open for discussion, but at least my personal student loan situation shouldn't be the business of the US taxpayer and I'm OK with that. Not that it's a big deal, I'll be done 3 years from now.

Do you know how much money is wasted in Washington DC? On sheer crap? War? Overblown sweetheart deals and total waste of the worst sort?

It is enormous. Food waste, all kinds of waste. There are thousands of great and cost effective solutions but the people controlling those decisions REFUSE to do it. Lack of political will and a kind of insanity keeping from doing it.

The entire thing is a total and complete waste.

War is the worst of it. Really. Present debt due to war:

About 128,000,000 results (0.34 seconds)
And while the U.S. paid for past wars by raising taxes and selling war bonds, the current wars have been paid for almost entirely with borrowed money, on which interest has to be paid. Through FY2022, the U.S. government owes over $1 trillion in interest on these wars.

US Federal Budget | Costs of War

Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs

Do you know how many student loans could be forgiven? Money found for free university degrees for the kids who are willing to do it? And the amount of green energy recycled modern homes and condos you can build with that kind of DOUGH? And the parks, and the overworked people making shit salaries that can get out of poverty? And the amount of urban gardens, rec centers, and overhaul of everything in the USA that is decaying?

If I was taxed a lot and I knew a bunch of young people could study and work and have a decent life because my tax money was being used wisely I would not mind paying at all.

Hell, I love paying my tax bill in Mexico right now!!! They charge me a lot less than the USA and they use it well. In this city, you see the results everywhere and they put the big billboard with a breakdown of where the money went and how....this city is run well. I love paying my damn taxes in Merida. YEAH. It is not going to build a bomb. It goes to Christmas lights, pretty parks, fountains, road repair, street lights, new parks with new playgrounds, enormous sports rec centers, botanical gardens, train stations and museums, free tuition for the UADY, and free public schools for the kids. I do not mind that cost at all!

I mind that nasty killing and waste and pork from DC. That I MIND: Because they charge the least who can pay it and let the ones on top get away with MURDER. As Warren Buffett stated. They charge him almost nothing and his secretary in comparison gets a huge burden of the tax burden.

It is a very ugly tax system.

Mexico was about the elite never paying. They are in the hot seat now. Angry as hell they are with ridiculous fucking claims on the radio about how students have to be left with no money because they become lazy and poor do not need to study and the poor gotta be working till they die because they do not know how to administer real money like the rich....fucking IDIOTS on the radio and none of them are ever thinking how bad they sound on those talk shows! Saying things like, ´Los ancianos no necesitan una pensión. Son viejos que las familias costean su vejez. No los contribuyentes. Si su familiar es muy pobre no es problema mío. Yo si puedo ayudar a mi abuela.¨ The Mexicans of lower class status just say to them, I am not voting for your stupid party that never cares about us. It is not worth it. They moan about losing. Do they have no idea how bad they sound?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

There are different reasons for having that, but […]

Technofeudalism

Thanks @late , I think Yanis agrees with Stiglit[…]

Weird, I thought you wanted to discuss violence pr[…]

Clearly wrong, as usual. “Antisemitism is a cert[…]