Japanese Input Function Is Slow - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Hey, I'm on a laptop that was given to me by my brother-in-law. It's a Japanese computer and when it was given to me, there were problems with keys missing on the computer. Anyway, my father-in-law decided to purchase a new keyboard to go over so that all letters were visible. I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that he just installed with with not much knowledge about installing them, however, whenever I try and type in Japanese, there is a very long lag time (sometimes it even freezes). The strange thing though is that there is no lag time when typing in English. I've tried to install a new version of the input but for some reason both programs (the one for XP and the one for regular windows, not XP) say it can't be installed on this OS. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong areas however would this problem be due to the fact that the key pad was replaced? I've even gone to the microsoft website that talks about lags and downloaded the program and they said that a newer version of Explorer has been installed so it won't continue.

Any ideas?
By Eauz
Ha, amazing, now that I post a message, I've found the solution. Oh well... :|
By Thunderhawk
Feel free to inform us what the solution is.
And if there was more to the problem then in the initial post.

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]