A woman and Linux - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Adrien
Asus and Acer also have Linux available on their PCs from the factory I think (mostly for netbooks though).

But from the looking around I did when I was looking for a new computer a couple months ago, I'd say that some configurations come with Linux standard, some with Windows. If the configuration is targeted at basic student use or surfing, they'll come with smaller specs and Linux, which means a lower price point too.
By SpiderMonkey
OpenOffice can save files in MS office format

If you need a CD to connect to the Internet, then frankly the Internet is better off without you (candiancapitalist, did you use a CD?)
By Potemkin
What happened to your faith in social Darwinism, canadiancapitalist? If this woman lacked the intelligence and initiative to overcome the 'problem' of having Ubuntu on her laptop, then she was obviously unsuited to college-level education, and it was therefore right and fitting that she dropped out as a result of this 'problem'. This was Darwin at work, clear for all to see. Why don't you support it? :?:
By stalker
I will join the others here in calling her a retard. Ubuntu is easy.
By Falx
She's just a dumb girl.

:up:

like the fact that Windows really is vastly superior for the home user and that's why it dominates the market,

:lol:

and that maybe people like this need an operating system as intuitive as Windows.

Windows, where you have to press the start key to end a session. Intuition!

Her Verizon High-Speed Internet CD won't load, so she can't access the internet. She also can't install Microsoft Word, which she says is a requirement for MATC's online classes.

:lol:
By Dave
Potemkin wrote:What happened to your faith in social Darwinism, canadiancapitalist? If this woman lacked the intelligence and initiative to overcome the 'problem' of having Ubuntu on her laptop, then she was obviously unsuited to college-level education, and it was therefore right and fitting that she dropped out as a result of this 'problem'. This was Darwin at work, clear for all to see. Why don't you support it?

CC is an apologist for dumb women.
World War II Day by Day

On paper, and to a great extent in practice too, […]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]