World's First 3D Blood Vessel Bio-Printer Developed - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

The world's first 3D blood vessel bio-printer, which makes it possible to produce personalised functional organs, has been developed by a Chinese company.

According to biotechnological company Sichuan Revotek Co, Ltd based in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, the significant breakthrough has been achieved through its self-developed stem cell bio-ink technology, 3D bio-printer and cloud computing platform.

"The creative breakthrough in the 3D blood vessel bio-printing means we have mastered the stem cell-based 3D bio-printing technology," said Yang Keng, chairman of Sichuan Languang Development Co, Ltd.

James Kang, an expert who led the programme, said that blood vessels that transport nutrients to organs are indispensable elements when creating any organs.

Kang's team has created a novel type of bio-ink "Biosynsphere" - whose primary goal is the personalised stem cell bio-printing to pave the way for organ regeneration, 'Xinhua' news agency reported.

"We have successfully realised the blood vessel regeneration by relying on the 3D bio-printer, the biosynsphere technology and the data model based on cloud computing," Kang said.

Video: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/china-revotek- ... ter-652016

Those of us who do not succumb to cancer early, may get to live beyond 100 with ease.
Very cool, but still a long way to go till actually printing full usable organs.

Aside from that, printable organs wouldn't really increase the rate of people living past 100. It would certainly increase the rate of people making it to old age, but old age effects far far more than just transplantable organs.
Not exactly, human beings aren't designed to be opened and have pieces replaced. So transplants, even with the risk of rejection removed, will have a much lower success rate than replacing a part in a machine.

That's not to say we can't improve surgery techniques to reduce the distance, but until we start actively redesigning how the human body functions it just wont have the same level of success.
You realize my entire future career is built on doing this sort of thing though right?

I'm training to be a molecular biologist, I want to specialize in molecular neurology and develop brain implants to improve/restore function.
It amounts to more than just an opinion if I'm actively involved in developing and discovering things in places man was not meant to tread.

Some people's Brains could not possibly be improved they are already perfect (I am of course talking about PI).

PI could be improved by having his opinion changed. A chip that releases dopamine whenever he contemplates advanced technology should do the job.
You will never be as much of a hardman as PI. I heard he can put a whole chest of draws on his shoulder and take it up the stairs to the top of a block of flats.
Last edited by Decky on 26 Oct 2015 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Political Interest wrote:This induces nausea in me.

Disgusting. Man has no right to "manufacture" biology.

Now we are truly moving into the post-modern antichrist era.

I disagree, strongly. Actually, I can't really make it clear just how strongly I disagree. I think it's important for our civilization to move past ridiculous taboos and religious superstitions that hold back our development, and we shouldn't be afraid to research the limits of human genetic manipulation. Sometimes people talk about terraforming, but I think bioforming has its own appeal.
Face it PI - our age is a Faustian age. We have thrown off the religious and spiritual strictures which both limited and secured us, and we will challenge the very heavens themselves....
Good luck mike, build me a new kidney and I'll respect you more than I respect PI.

They should probably just start taking out the failed kidney's, strip them of their cells, and putting stem cells on the collagen scaffolding.

Potem sounds a bit like a nazi to me. You have to[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

After the battle of Cannae, Rome was finished. It[…]