The Blackberry - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Oblisk
And how is it compared to the Iphone?

A Blackberry (Smartphone) is a professional device mostly for businessmen, when fast access to the internet/email is required at all times. Think of it as a PDA.

An Iphone, is a device for teenagers, made by the retards at Apple, and is absolutely horrible at everything. It's for teenagers to watch Youtube videos online and make a jackass of themselves. Its lack of keyboard and its mandatory 100% touchscreen usage is also very foolish.
By ThereBeDragons
My views it that the Blackberry is primarily for business, while the iPhone is primarily for entertainment.

Its lack of keyboard and its mandatory 100% touchscreen usage is also very foolish.

If software can do everything hardware can, why take up space with a keyboard during the times it's not needed?
By Oblisk
If software can do everything hardware can

It can't.

why take up space with a keyboard during the times it's not needed?

Because touchscreen everything is horrible. The Keyboard on the iPhone is probably the worst I've ever seen.
By ThereBeDragons
While I don't own an iPhone myself, I see friends typing fairly quickly on it. I would (blindly) speculate that after a few hours of use, one would learn the quirks of said keyboard, at which point it would not be especially much worse than a hardware keyboard.
By Oblisk
While I don't own an iPhone myself, I see friends typing fairly quickly on it. I would (blindly) speculate that after a few hours of use, one would learn the quirks of said keyboard, at which point it would not be especially much worse than a hardware keyboard.

Enjoy your grease-smidgen screen with low WPM. A touchscreen keyboard can never fully replace a touchscreen keyboard like the iPhone's.
By dwix
Oblisk wrote:An Iphone, is a device for teenagers, made by the retards at Apple, and is absolutely horrible at everything. It's for teenagers to watch Youtube videos online and make a jackass of themselves. Its lack of keyboard and its mandatory 100% touchscreen usage is also very foolish.

source

It's clearly not merely a "device for teenagers." And if Apple is full of "retards," then why are they doing so well?

Ryan Faas of PCWorld wrote:Apple was a busy company in 2008. Over the past twelve months, the number of Apple-branded products on the street has become so broad and ubiquitous that it's hard to go a day without seeing evidence of it, even if you're not a Mac, iPhone or iPod owner.
And while it doesn't appear that Apple plans to slow down any in 2009 -- despite the seemingly endless supply of rumors about the health of CEO Steve Jobs -- it's worth reflecting on some of the most notable innovations from Apple in a year that easily ranks as one of the most significant in its 31-year-history.

Somebody sounds a little bitter.
By Oblisk
It's clearly not merely a "device for teenagers."

Tell me how the number of users with an account on the Apple website is a good way to correspond the number of iPhone users.

But thank you for pointing out that the majority of iPhone "users" are teenagers.

Oh, and your so called demographic will be much different if taken into all Apple products.

And if Apple is full of "retards," then why are they doing so well?

Oh no, I take back that statement. It's actually the Apple fanboys that are retarded. Apple takes stupid people's money. :up:
In words of Maddox, I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

An artist
In a band
Unemployed (See above)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9895/iproductsu5.gif
By Abood
Microsoft was bound to hire someone at such a time of rising competition.
By Zagadka
The Blackberry used to be somewhat unique in its e-mail etc capabilities.

The iPhone bitschslapped it.

In their current versions, the Blackberry is pretty much an iPhone clone, and a decent one.

The problem is that the iPhone's best selling point is the App Store, which has given it endless usefulness.
By NYYS
I can't wait for the day I've advanced up enough the career ladder that I must purchase a Blackberry. I hate the idiot college students that try to show off how successful they think they're going to be by getting one waaaay before they need it. No one is e-mailing you anything that can't wait until class gets out, idiot. That is Young Republican retardery and no one is impressed.

You shouldn't even be able to buy a Blackberry unless you're pulling down $100K/yr.
By MB.
The iphone is a fascinating item. However, I will not buy one. The device people are desperately seeking is a portable computer about the size of a wallet capable of many of the information gathering and memory storage functions of a laptop. If I could get skype to run on an iphone I might use it.
By Thunderhawk

I have a friend who has had an iPhone for several months, it still a problem for him to type on it.
By Zagadka
I have a friend who has had an iPhone for several months, it still a problem for him to type on it.

It isn't that hard. You just have to not aim your thumb at the letter - aim it to the letter to the left. Even though you're aiming at a key further away, the actual touch screen is closer than the video screen, so you hit to the right of what you aim at.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Say what ? Stalins soviet union could not find a[…]

Ridiculous. That is simple. A race is a populatio[…]

Legal Analysis by University Network for HumanRigh[…]

@annatar1914 That video of the Black Sun is abou[…]