Is it possible for miners to not want to own what they find? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Inspired by the great grassroots-Michaeluj debates, the question is simple: can finders-keepers disappear from all social codes?

Is it even possible?

How can it be done if it is?

What's to stop them from reverting?
By Michaeluj
Well duh, I'm just too lazy to go into pointless details.

Plus, I posted this in haste so that I can always be remembered as the first guy who posted in this section. :)
By MB.
can finders-keepers disappear from all social codes?

Finders-keepers would refer to stealing, as everything on the planet is or has been owned by someone, somecorporation, or somegovernment.

Anyway private property and capitalism are absurd.
By Thunderhawk
I suspect you meant minors.

I have horrible spellings, so I shouldnt feed troll-Paradigm, but..
I suppose if the miners are collecting low grade uranium ore they wouldnt want to keep it.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Miners didn't find the place to mine. They didn't invest the capital required to create the mine. The person that owns the mine owns everything that's on the land, thus if there is any type of ore on the land, it should be his.
By Michaeluj
I suspect you meant minors.

I really do mean "miners", as in "collectors of ore." I am looking at the dictionary right now.

Finders-keepers would refer to stealing, as everything on the planet is or has been owned by someone, somecorporation, or somegovernment.

Now, you know I don't mean it that way. I meant it as simply as "if you work for getting it, you can keep it," as in the contrast to "you dig it up and it's automatically in the possession of someone who 'needs' it."

Miners didn't find the place to mine. They didn't invest the capital required to create the mine. The person that owns the mine owns everything that's on the land, thus if there is any type of ore on the land, it should be his.

This issue was already covered; we're talking about the mental state of the ones in possesion of the ore.
By Abood
It's not a matter of whether miners want what they find or not. It's a matter of allowing them to keep what they find if they do want to keep it.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I agree with Abood. If that's the question you're asking, you're asking an irrelevant question.

But just to humor you, I don't think the miners want the unprocessed ore because they have no way of converting it into something valuable.
By Michaeluj
I'm pretty sure abood said what I was thinking of.

The pro-genocide crowd are the counter protester[…]

https://i.ibb.co/Bs37t8b/canvas-moral[…]

I was being sarcastic, @FiveofSwords . Hitler wa[…]

Well that seems like a stupid strategy. If I were[…]