Happy All Hallows - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By TerryOfromCA
Happy All Hallows Eve ("Halloween"), which is the night before All Saints Day ("All Hallows").

November 1st is All Saints Day, a day commemorated to all who are now in heaven with God. Just as the night before Christmas is Christmas Eve, the night before All Saints is All Saints Eve. In Old English that would be All Hallows Eve, or "Halloween".

Since no one ever states this correctly, I just thought I'd toss out that nugget of information.
Last edited by TerryOfromCA on 31 Oct 2015 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
By Princip
The fact that I don't celebrate any of these is making me a little sad but also proud (in a kind of eremitical sense) at the same time. Happy Halloween.
By Frollein

HAIL WODAN!!!
I was going to hail The Dagda, but let's be honest—in the words of Judas Priest, I can't resist a touch of evil.

And I only have female deities tattooed onto me: Boann, pouring the Well of Wisdom into the sea and the Triple Goddess of the Morigan:

HAIL THE MORIGAN:

By Zamuel
Rancid wrote:SHUT UP PAGANS!!

OhhhhhooooOoooohhh ... somebodies spending the night under the bed with all the lights on !

Halloween is pretty big here in Az. but for the Latinos it's just the beginning of the 3 day festival that culminates on Monday with the "Day of the dead." Tonight children will build small alters and offer sweets to the dead children inviting them to visit. For the next 2 days Mexicans will feast and party, always setting aside generous portions for Dead Relatives who are visiting. There will be Parades and Processions ... Tuesday everyone sleeps in.

Zam

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]