Atheism is an exercise in futility - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
ComradeTim wrote:Nice dodge....

No, not really, as idolatry is the manifestation of man's anti-theism and atheism, the materialization and projection of his own vanity and self worship. He 'creates' 'gods' made in man's image to cut Divinity down to size, an understandable quanta.

God-of course!-would choose an honest and searching Atheist seeking Him over any Idolater.
IDNeon wrote:
A god who has to comply with human logic is a god not worth having.

How can the finite encompass the infinite?

That doesn't answer my question. What is it that makes one so sure they're right and all the other religions are wrong?

If you don't use logic to accept a god, then what does one use to make that determination, of which one is right? How can you
know if not through logic? You would say faith, but don't many religions require that? Why is your faith right, and others'
faiths wrong? What to use to discern that if not logic? It is, after all, the only real tool we have at our disposal to make
such judgements, other than emotion, which, I think, has been shown to be wildly inaccurate in it's depiction of what is
right and wrong in the world.
How dare we reject your deity?
How dare we not accept your claims without any evidence?
How dare we not bow down to the self serving inflated projection of your own ego?

I'm loath to be addressed as atheist. I'm also an a-dragonist. And an a-mermaidian. An unbeliever in the teapot and a heretic of the Spaghetti Monster. But I'm never lumped in a group and insulted because of any of these.

@FiveofSwords For you... Werner Sombart, The[…]

I'm not defining "indigenous" that way. […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

still, Compared to the corrupt Putin´s familie s […]

World War II Day by Day

May 14, Tuesday Germany takes Holland At dawn[…]