sensual pleasure of this generation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
“In Adam the sentence of death was imposed on nature (cf. Gen. 2:17), since sensual pleasure had become the principle of its generation. In Christ it was on sin that the sentence of death was imposed (cf. Rom. 8:3), for in Christ nature was given a new form of generation, unconditioned by sensual pleasure.”

-Saint Maximos the Confessor
Russkie wrote:“In Adam the sentence of death was imposed on nature (cf. Gen. 2:17), since sensual pleasure had become the principle of its generation. In Christ it was on sin that the sentence of death was imposed (cf. Rom. 8:3), for in Christ nature was given a new form of generation, unconditioned by sensual pleasure.”
-Saint Maximos the Confessor

Don't believe anything you read until it can be verified.
Christ died for our sins, Russkie. Saint Cuntbag the Confessor can suck my dick. (I'll tak no pleasure in it, however, so it's OK)

Russian orthodoxy is fucked up beyond all comprehension.
Godstud wrote:Christ died for our sins, Russkie. Saint ** the Confessor **. (I'll tak no pleasure in it, however, so it's OK)

Russian orthodoxy is fucked up beyond all comprehension.

He only died for the people that actually wanted to be saved.
God turned himself human so that he could be killed so that he could forgive people for a sin committed by nonexistent ancestors in a garden, which being omniscient he knew they would commit. All the while having the power to just forgive us for doing exactly what he expected without actually having to be tortured.

Now some sexual pleasure please Russkie!

Adam begat Seth; and Seth, Enos, [Adam, Seth, Enos,]

2 Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered,

3 Henoch, Methuselah, Lamech,

4 Noe, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

5 The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, and Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.

6 Forsooth the sons of Gomer were Ashchenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

7 And the sons of Javan were Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.

8 The sons of Ham were Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.

9 And the sons of Cush were Seba, and Havilah, Sabta, and Raamah, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah were Sheba, and Dedan.

10 And Cush begat Nimrod; this Nimrod began to be mighty in [the] earth.

11 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,

12 and Pathrusim, and Casluhim, of which the Philistines and Caphthorim went out, or came. (and Pathrusim, and Casluhim, and Caphthorim, from whom the Philistines came.)

13 And Canaan begat Sidon, his first begotten son (his first-born son), and Heth,

14 and (the) Jebusite, and Amorite, and Girgashite,

15 and Hivite, and Arkite, and Sinite,

16 and Arvadite, and Zemarite, and Hamathite.

17 The sons of Shem were Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram. And the sons of Aram were Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.

18 And Arphaxad begat Shelah; which himself engendered Eber. (And Arphaxad begat Shelah; and Shelah begat Eber.)

19 And to Eber were born two sons; the name of [the] one was Peleg, for the land was parted in his days (for the land was divided in his days); and the name of his brother was Joktan.

20 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,

21 and Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,

22 Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

23 and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab; all these were the sons of Joktan.

24 Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah,

25 Eber, Peleg, Reu,

26 Serug, Nahor, Terah,

27 Abram; this is Abraham.

28 The sons of Abraham were Isaac, and Ishmael.

29 And these be the generations of them; the first begotten of Ishmael was Nebaioth, and then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam, (And these be their descendants; the first-born son of Ishmael was Nebaioth, and then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,)

30 and Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa, Hadad, and Tema,

31 Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah; these be the sons of Ishmael.

32 And the sons of Keturah, the secondary wife of Abraham, the which she engendered, or conceived, were Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. And the sons of Jokshan were Sheba, and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim.

33 And the sons of Midian were Ephah, and Epher, and Henoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these were the sons of Keturah.

34 Forsooth Abraham begat Isaac; whose sons were Esau, and Israel (whose sons were Esau, and Jacob).

35 The sons of Esau were Eliphaz, Reuel, Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah.

36 The sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zephi, Gatam, Kenaz, and Timna, and Amalek.

37 The sons of Reuel were Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.

38 The sons of Seir were Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, Dishon, Ezar, and Dishan.

39 The sons of Lotan were Hori, and Homam; soothly the sister of Lotan was Timna.

40 The sons of Shobal were Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, and Shephi, and Onam. The sons of Zibeon were Aiah, and Anah.

41 The son of Anah was Dishon. The sons of Dishon were Amram, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.

42 The sons of Ezer were Bilhan, and Zavan, and Jakan. The sons of Dishan were Uz and Aran.

43 These be the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before that a king was on the sons of Israel (before that the Israelites had a king). Bela, the son of Beor; and the name of his city was Dinhabah.

44 And when Bela was dead, and Jobab (then Jobab), the son of Zerah of Bozrah, reigned for him.

45 And when Jobab was dead, Husham of the land of Temanites reigned for him.

46 And Husham died; and Hadad, the son of Bedad, that smote Midian in the land of Moab, reigned for him; and the name of the city of Hadad was Avith.

47 And when Hadad was dead, Samlah of Masrekah reigned for him.

48 But also Samlah was dead, and Saul of Rehoboth, which is set beside the river, reigned for him. (And when Samlah died, Saul of the city of Rehoboth, that is set on the banks of the river, reigned for him.)

49 Also when Saul was dead (And when Saul died), Baalhanan, the son of Achbor, reigned for him.

50 But also he was dead, and Hadad, the name of whose city was Pai, reigned for him (And when Baalhanan died, Hadad reigned for him; and his city was named Pai); and his wife was called Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.

51 And when Hadad was dead, dukes began to be in Edom for kings (And after Hadad died, the leaders of Edom, or of Idumea, were these); duke Timnah, duke Aliah, duke Jetheth,

52 duke Oholibamah, duke Elah, duke Pinon,

53 duke Kenaz, duke Teman, duke Mibzar,

54 duke Magdiel, duke Iram. These were the dukes of Edom (These were the chiefs, or the leaders, of Idumea).

I'm getting sweaty.
Russkie wrote:“In Adam the sentence of death was imposed on nature (cf. Gen. 2:17), since sensual pleasure had become the principle of its generation.

Lies.

That verse says:
Genesis 2:17 (NIV) wrote:but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

In fact, the god which uttered those words was lying.

When Eve ate from the tree of knowledge, she did not die, but instead she remained very much alive. And rather than having sensual pleasure as the principle, they had in that moment transcended being merely 'animal-humans', and had acquired the fire of mind, self-awareness and self-examination.

Far from animal-like sensual pleasure becoming the principle of the generation, that was actually the moment when humans grasped the potential to differentiate themselves from the other animals. The moment that Eve grasped the apple is a story to be cherished in the oral history of humanity, because she turned away from the false promise of 'eternal life' as an automaton, to grasp the real life. She cast off the chains which had flowers attached to them, so that she could go in search of the real flower.

[Soundtrack]
Last edited by Rei Murasame on 03 Jul 2015 06:24, edited 1 time in total.
Well, according the commentaries that Biblical scholars like to cite, they often reach the conclusion that even if they substituted any other human woman for Eve and placed her in that environment, that person would also 'inherently' be inclined to follow the fallen angel's advice and eat the apple. And because of that, they conclude that by default, humans are simply inclined to disobey the god which they referred to as Jehovah.

All I'm doing of course is saying that this is a good thing.

Also, with a story like that one, it either means what it says or it doesn't, people can't have it both ways at the same time.
Look at all the mingle mammals dancing like reactive puppets.

The Tree of Knowledge became the Tree of death. We work endlessly to eat from the tree of life again. The psychological drama played between the two hemispheres has tricked our sensibilities. We literally live mythically because we forgot how to live organically. The illusion of sensual material vs the divine entity.

You need more exposure to the re-veiled mysteries before you spread your crippled theology, Rei. Mikema's trickle down identity makes him incapable of inquisition, to be one ethereal inquisitor while commanding temporal revelation requires will power. Obviously someone who believes in the explanation & mechanical reverse engineering of working parts, yet doubts the ether emanating throughout all things, is not adept enough to understand any thing in his life's time or space, let alone confer judgment upon something ancient & accepted.

I'm waiting for you to respond to this, Mike
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=162113
It's difficult for Mikema to comprehend how words form concepts. He thinks the world is made of moving parts that he can fully understand through scientific application. There's little room for him to explore the history of communication & establish the essence of meaning for any idea he accepts. This is why he has flip flopped with his views & is currently wearing a mask given to him by other people.

"Science deals only with phenomena, and is but charlatanism when it babbles about the powers or causes that produces these, or what things are, in essence, of which it gives us merely the names. It no more knows what Light or Sound or Perfume is, than the Aryan cattle-herders did, when they counted the Dawn and Fire, Flame and Light and Heat as gods."

-Albert Pike

Which leads me to my next point on intellectual weakness.
The Marxist Dialectic behaves exactly like the Roman Catholic church:

"The Catholic and the Communist are alike in assuming that an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent. Each of them tacitly claims that 'the truth' has already been revealed, and that the heretic, if he is not simply a fool, is secretly aware of the 'truth' and merely resists it out of selfish motives."

-George Orwell

Can't wait for your cynical yet naive translation of so-called scientific information, that which boils from the murky bubbles in your mind. You do realize that magic, the fictionalized drama represented by modern entertainment blinds you to the fact that science is the rewording of magic, and faith in empiricism established the order of scientific method or thought, right? Furthermore, nothing is created or destroyed by man, everything is discovered or manipulated.

As for Rei's weak brainwashed mind- duality allows Evil to work as the shadow of Good. The deity that embodies all life does not perceive, it simply is. That is why God could talk through the bicameral mind and tell Moses, I am. He is it, and he is us. Satan is the archetype of man's shadow or evil, that continually supports God's spirit. The deity that is & always all ways will be lives eternally & through information systems formulating life above & below. Our micro & macro system of singularity or this moment here right now, simply isn't visible to the five senses you use to translate each relative moment.

Vertical pillars of compartmentalized thought do not exist outside your mind's I, or conception of Self. Life is horizontal on the same playing field of experience, simultaneously evolving forever. I will leave this forum if you refuse to accept that your fixed perspective & political dreams are but solidified rear-view mirror hallucinations you continue to cling to because you are scared of everything. Everything, ironically, in your mind is nothing, but the more astute philosopher knows that the void does not exist, the void is everything all at once giving life to this sentence.

"While embodied in matter, they said, the soul is in a state of imprisonment, and is under the influence of evil passions; but having, by intense study, arrived at the knowledge of the elements and principles of Nature, it attains unto the place of THE ETERNAL; in which state happiness, its individuality does not cease."

Why do you think I say- our mind must exist outside the realm of time & space? What, too busy fighting the fictitious political battle in your head with other useless souls wandering the spiritual battlefield? 'I'm right, no you're left, no I'm left, you're right.' Grow up, foolish child.

"The vitality which animates the mortal frame, the Breath of Life of the Hebrew Genesis, the Hindu Philosophers in general held, perishes with it; but the Soul is divine, an emanation of the Spirit of God, but not a portion of that Spirit. For they compared it to heat and light sent forth from the Sun, or to a ray of that light, which neither lessens nor divides its own essence."
What if I am one seer, the instrument God uses to talk to the other end of intelligence? Is it not ironic that you call my writings nonsense, pseudo-intellectual, when all sages of the mysteries know that mother Earth is female & father Sun is male? electricity is everything, why do you think photo synthesis gives air for mingle mammals to suck up and spit out? Photo motion through formations, sacred geometry built your fucking shelter. Do you still doubt the Word? RT's exegesis? Stop boring me with your conceited knowledge, why are you here!?

"There is, in fact, no Nothing, no void Emptiness, in the Universe. From the upper or outer surface of our atmosphere to that of the Sun, and to those of the planets and remote stars, in different directions, Science has for hundreds of centuries imagined that there was simple, void, empty space. Comparing finite knowledge with the infinite, the Philosophers know little more than the apes!"

"In all that 'Void,' also, is the Mysterious and ever Active electricity, and heat, and the omnipresent ether."

"Here also, in harmony can result only from the analogy of contraries, and what is above exists by reason of what is below. It is the depth that determines the height; and if the valleys are filled up, the mountains disappears; so, if the shadows are effaced, the Light is annulled, which is only visible by the graduated contrast of gloom and splendor, and universal obscurity will be produced by an immense dazzling."

What exactly are we doing here, are we qualified to quantify the quantum organic reality that is Nature?

Godstud, you're easily offended because you only use your sense abilities. And now I must yawn at the dawn because I'm trapped in this physical flesh shell, without LOGOS, I'm surrounded by hoes & bros.

Rei, maybe it's time to start thinking about what you behold instead of what you are told.

According to the definition of your mind's objective reality, would you say God is coherent?
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 03 Jul 2015 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
Rei Murasame wrote:I'm only interested in making my point which people can either take or leave.
You cannot take or leave that which is always all ways. The thing will still allow you to think you're taking & leaving so you don't go crazy, falling in love with it.
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 03 Jul 2015 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
It's just that you are trying to broaden the conversation whereas I am trying to narrow it. The OP that Russkie posted was very short, and so my response was limited to also being very short and to the point.

If you come in and try to broaden it so that you can see if you can get me into some massive conversation about 'everything', then obviously I am not going to do that. It would just create a quote-festival of back-and-forth argumentation that no one is going to read or follow.
It would just create a quote-festival of back-and-forth argumentation that no one is going to read or follow.
Is that not what PoFo wishes to achieve? Are we nothing but needles weaving grieving threads of fabricated illusion so we can hide our bare-bones? Given that you are one working part in the conversation that broadens everyday, every minute, every second. Do you do what you do, because they do it too? Oh yes, the ol familiar, monkey see monkey do. Slinging poo-poo-doo-doo. The imbecilic bebop moment is quite comfortable (con & affordable) silicon (silly con) is just sooooo adorable. Better not listen to the horrible oracle, Rei.

“In Adam the sentence of death was imposed on nature (cf. Gen. 2:17), since sensual pleasure had become the principle of its generation. In Christ it was on sin that the sentence of death was imposed (cf. Rom. 8:3), for in Christ nature was given a new form of generation, unconditioned by sensual pleasure.”
Holy text tends to be emblematic.
Christ is one psychological archetype or pattern that we can cognitively give semantic order to. Lucifer is one psychological archetype or pattern that we can cognitively give semantic order to. Your brain is living its myth (ego adventure), that you absorb from every orpheus-esque enigma.

Dude. It isn't even necessary to identify who tha[…]

If we assume that Indigenous communities were dive[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]

Hypersonic Weapons

Didn't Ukraine shoot down a bunch of Russian hype[…]