Not Many people Will Be In Heaven. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Does he call himself Om and has an irrational fear of eagles?

Is that you, Vorbis?
Does he call himself Om and has an irrational fear of eagles?
Potemkin wrote:Is that you, Vorbis?
I'm asking the questions here.

Now are you, or have you ever been, a follower of Om?

If you can't remember, some hot irons will juggle your memory (and some parts of your anatomy).
I'm asking the questions here.

Now are you, or have you ever been, a follower of Om?

If you can't remember, some hot irons will juggle your memory (and some parts of your anatomy).

I hate to be a grammar Nazi, Frollein, but the correct English expression is "jog" my memory.
I hate to be a grammar Nazi, Frollein, but the correct English expression is "jog" my memory.

Is that still grammar? I think your actually just being a pedant.
Decky wrote:It's a shame the Prods got their claws into you DrLee, you could have been a good Catholic.

Fucking hell Otebo long time no see.

Indeed. I trust you are well? I imagine you are busy practicing for your new career as part of Comrade Corbyn's Cheka.

Drlee wrote:I very nearly was a Catholic. If I had to choose only one church it would be that one. I still spend a few moments, from time to time, in the sanctuary of a convenient Catholic church.

Ah, Rome Sweet Home.

Here is another quote from Vatican II for you, regarding Christians outside of the Catholic Church:

Unitatis Redintegratio wrote:The children who are born into these Communities and who grow up believing in Christ cannot be accused of the sin involved in the separation, and the Catholic Church embraces upon them as brothers, with respect and affection. For men who believe in Christ and have been truly baptized are in communion with the Catholic Church even though this communion is imperfect. ...it remains true that all who have been justified by faith in Baptism are members of Christ's body, and have a right to be called Christian, and so are correctly accepted as brothers by the children of the Catholic Church.

Moreover, some and even very many of the significant elements and endowments which together go to build up and give life to the Church itself, can exist outside the visible boundaries of the Catholic Church: the written word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, and visible elements too. All of these, which come from Christ and lead back to Christ, belong by right to the one Church of Christ.

Nevertheless, our separated brethren, whether considered as individuals or as Communities and Churches, are not blessed with that unity which Jesus Christ wished to bestow on all those who through Him were born again into one body, and with Him quickened to newness of life- that unity which the Holy Scriptures and the ancient Tradition of the Church proclaim. For it is only through Christ's Catholic Church, which is 'the all-embracing means of salvation,' that they can benefit fully from the means of salvation. We believe that Our Lord entrusted all the blessings of the New Covenant to the apostolic college alone, of which Peter is the head, in order to establish the one Body of Christ on earth to which all should be fully incorporated who belong in any way to the people of God.

Out of interest, Drlee, what is it that keeps you from crossing the Tiber?
Indeed. I trust you are well? I imagine you are busy practicing for your new career as part of Comrade Corbyn's Cheka.

Yes, the purge of Labour will be swift and merciless, all of them will be sent to the work camps in the highlands on the newly nationalised railways.

I'm not bad really. On a new site where they expect more work out of us than the last one, that's a shame but nothing that bad going on here. You alright?
Out of interest, Drlee, what is it that keeps you from crossing the Tiber?

No particular need to at this point. I am finding association with the group to which I belong empowering. At least for the time being. You might say it is the emulation of Christ is some superficial way. If you carefully look at what Jesus said it was very much about caring for one another. The theology revolved around this central principle. Just about all of the miracles attributed to him were to illustrate this point. To the extent he made any direct assertions at all they could usually be distilled to this. 'Love God and care for one-another. Then have faith that this will be enough."

When it comes to good works though, you can't see much better than the Roman Catholic Church. The call to help the poor and downtrodden fairly pervades every corner of the church. And even more so under this Pope.

As long as you have abandoned the argument that e[…]

@FiveofSwords What point was that? Weber? W[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

still, Compared to the corrupt Putin´s familie s […]

World War II Day by Day

May 14, Tuesday Germany takes Holland At dawn[…]