It's not Isis, it's Islam - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
That's because it was a Kurdish gathering and most of the victims were Kurds.

It was not just a Kurdish gathering. Many of the students who died in July and again the bomb attack in Ankara were secular Turks who want to protest the government. Why are they systematically ignored? They were booed for the same reason that the conservative right didn't give a shit about the Gezi protests. It's a secular-progressive-affluent vs. Islamist-conservative-poor conflict as much as it is a Kurds vs. Turks dichotomy. I mean, fuck these guys either way, but this is a common thing. I have been watching Turkish soccer for a long time and believe me when I say that we see this once every weeks. They do this after natural disasters, or even when people commemorate notable people* who died of natural causes. Turks just don't do the "minute of silence" thing with dignity and gravitas.

* For example, the reactions were similar when people commemorated the death of the Chairman of the Turkish Football Association a few years ago. Again the typical response (from two games I watched that week) was that a part of the crowd stood in silence, a part booed or whistled, and another other started chanting the typical "martyrs don't die, the motherland won't be divided" you hear ad nauseam.

Conclusion: most Turks are just dumb as balls because they are poor and uneducated and don't know how to observe decorum.

So, the Turks didn't give a shit.
Only proves my point, I think.

Only "partially" at best because the motivations are way more diverse than you want to believe. I cannot say that there are no ISIS sympathizers in Turkey (there are), but an overwhelming majority of people insist on apologist arguments like "this isn't the real Islam" when ISIS butchers people because people don't support terrorism. Period.

EU rope, you can't just cherry pick the information and interpretations that support your agenda and expect to be taken seriously. This is the same shit Islamic terrorists, and other ideologically motivated violent entrepreneurs do to justify their actions.
Doomhammer wrote:EU rope, you can't just cherry pick the information and interpretations that support your agenda and expect to be taken seriously. This is the same shit Islamic terrorists, and other ideologically motivated violent entrepreneurs do to justify their actions.

You mean, I wasn't right about the Kurdish gathering (the Turks present were just apostates, so screw them )and that they later blamed Erdogan for it, because his policy is traditionally anti-Kurd?
You mean, I wasn't right about the Kurdish gathering (the Turks present were just apostates, so screw them)and that they later blamed Erdogan for it, because his policy is traditionally anti-Kurd?

You are wrong that most of the victims were Kurds, and only secular Turks and Kurds blamed the government. Everyone else is convinced that PKK and ISIS cooperated to bomb Ankara (lol).

All of humanity has a common ancestor, @FiveofSw[…]

Then how can settler colonialists become indigenou[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]

Hypersonic Weapons

Didn't Ukraine shoot down a bunch of Russian hype[…]